Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem w 3ds max 2013 activate - the software license check out ... Error 25

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aldosa
6628 Views, 7 Replies

Problem w 3ds max 2013 activate - the software license check out ... Error 25

Hello,

I downloaded and installed 3dsmax 2013 with a valid serial number and product key. I had previously installed Maya 2012 and that program is working fine on the same computer.

The install of 3ds is successful, but when I try to run the program it tells me "The software license check out failed. Error 25".

I'm running Windows 7 home premium on an i3 laptop. Your help would be very much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: aldosa

aldosa,

Have you tried looking at the solution listed here?

Message 3 of 8
aldosa

Certainly. there's no "programdata" directory on my system. Regarding the "all users" folder, windows 7 does not use such a folder. I looked for .pit files and found several, but not in the places indicated. Since I have Maya working I don't want to mess that up by erasing the wrong file.

I have Maya 2012 and 3ds 2013 running side by side, is that simply not supported?

A step by step would help me out a lot. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. No reply from autodesk support.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

the program data folder is a hidden windows folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/394-hidden-files-folders-show-hide.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
aldosa

Actually I did get a response from support to this article: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/The-software-license-check-out-failed-Error-25/...

which was equally unhelpful since none of the reference files are in my system. Thanks

Message 6 of 8
aldosa
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks. I just saw this. I'll give it a try.

Message 7 of 8
aldosa
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you for that tip. Removed the files. Same behavior on program startup.

Message 8 of 8
aldosa

Deleting the files reset my maya license but didn't affect the 3ds program. Bummer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report