Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem trasnferring license from Desktop to Laptop

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
l.galieni
545 Views, 4 Replies

Problem trasnferring license from Desktop to Laptop

I tried to transfer license of Autocad 2009 from my desktop to my laptop using the "Transfer License Utility".

It didn't work because the code of the target does not match. Perhaps I wrote a wrong code in the Utility while exporting the license file.
Now I can't import the license on the laptop.

May I import it back to the desktop? I haven't found a way to do that.

My local reseller says that I have to pay for assistance service on this problem. Is it right? It looks unfair to me.

[Note: reading other discussions about PLU issues in the forum I discovered that I could activate Autocad both on desktop and laptop. I didn't know that. My fault. It will be the first thing I do after solving this problem... ]
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: l.galieni

Yeah the easiest thing to do at this point is simply just reactivate both installations. Forget about the PLU as it is not worth the effort to get it back working. Activation takes only a few minutes and since you can have your second activation on your laptop, then you are within your rights according to the EULA. If automatic internet activation doesn't work for you, then simply call Autodesk Activations at 1-800-551-1490. They will be able to assist you immediately on your issue.
I'd also recommend considering a new reseller. Where are you located?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
l.galieni

Thank you for your suggestion.

I easily activate the laptop copy with the online activation. Now I have one working copy and I feel better.

I also tried to re-activate my desktop copy but I can't find a way to start the activation form.
I looked in the help but the directions for activation always start from the activation form. My copy is already activated, so the activation form does not open automatically. When I start the program it prompts: "The license has been exported. Import it again with the utility" or something like that.

I can't find a menu to obtain a activation request code or to input a activation code.

I'm located in Florence, Italy.
Message 4 of 5
l.galieni

Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall?
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

If you launch it and it doesn't ask for activation, then perhaps it is already activated.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report