Installation & Licensing

tmartins
Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)

Problem on Autodesk Robot 2014 License

172 Views, 2 Replies
02-05-2014 11:32 AM
Hi, I have an Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014 license (Students Version) and i'm running on a Macbook Pro. To use Autodesk Robot 2014 i installed it on the Boot Camp partition and, initially, i had no problems using it. After some time, i started to run that Boot Camp partition in virtualization softwares (Parallels and VMWare Fusion) for light "weight" jobs in Robot. That's when my problem with licenses started... Now, when i open Robot it asks me for the license activation and after i select the option "connect now and activate" it tells that i reached the activation limit on the computers number (Error 10). I think it's strange because, although i use the SO virtualization sometimes, it's always the same partition, the same windows license and no other software has the same problem (including AutoCAD 2014). Hope you can help me solving this problems. Regards, Tomé Martins
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Problem on Autodesk Robot 2014 License

02-05-2014 01:56 PM in reply to: tmartins

Hello and welcome to the community!

Currently not all of our products are supported to run on a Mac in a virtualized environment or Windows partition, including Robot Structural Analysis. This definitely could be one of the reasons for the reactivation issue. For a complete list of support products, please check out this Mac Compatibility page.

I'm not sure that this would work but possibly worth a shot would be removing all licensing info from your machine. Specifically by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

This will trigger all Autodesk software to be reactivated. In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs when activating the software, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Please let us know if that works!

Philip Schmelzer
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Problem on Autodesk Robot 2014 License

02-05-2014 01:56 PM in reply to: tmartins

Hello and welcome to the community!

Currently not all of our products are supported to run on a Mac in a virtualized environment or Windows partition, including Robot Structural Analysis. This definitely could be one of the reasons for the reactivation issue. For a complete list of support products, please check out this Mac Compatibility page.

I'm not sure that this would work but possibly worth a shot would be removing all licensing info from your machine. Specifically by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

This will trigger all Autodesk software to be reactivated. In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs when activating the software, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Please let us know if that works!

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube