Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing trial version of Autocad

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
corkyadam
838 Views, 5 Replies

Problem installing trial version of Autocad

Could someone please help?
I successfully downloaded the 30 day trial version of Autocad but was not able to complete the installation of it, product key and serial number has been asked for but I do not have this information.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dmfrazier
in reply to: corkyadam

When installing an AutoCAD product as a trial, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen and enter zeros for the serial number and the product key.
Message 3 of 6
corkyadam

Thank you for this information, I do not remember seeing this information in the instructions but hey I am getting old and my eye sight is starting to go.

Once again thank you.
Message 4 of 6
dmfrazier

Well, it may not be your eyesight. My response presumed you had just installed a 2010-based product (or that 2011-based products have a similar installation procedure). The screenshot in the attached file is an example of what you would see with a 2010-based product. I hope that things haven't changed significantly with 2011-based products, and that this information at least leads to a solution.
Message 5 of 6
corkyadam

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately this did not work. The dialogue you had mentioned was not part of that screen. This is really frustrating as I would like to try this product out.
Message 6 of 6
dmfrazier

It will be very difficult for anyone to help you without more information.
Can you post a screenshot of the dialog you are encountering?
I would be happy to try to replicate your situation. Please post a link to the webpage you downloaded the installer from.
What version of AutoCAD? (2010, 2011, other?) Was it plain (vanilla) AutoCAD, or a vertical product (such as Mechanical, Architectural, Civil, etc.)?
What operating system? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, other?)
Have you previously had another AutoCAD trial version installed?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report