Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing autoCad 2012 in an Windows 64 environment,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
b-chill
7060 Views, 4 Replies

Problem installing autoCad 2012 in an Windows 64 environment,

Hello there!

I spend several hours trying to instal. But it ends up badly every time. The first time, i got a message that my installation went wrong. The following takes results in the computer rebooting, while installing the .net framework. I tried all the things suggested in other posts that i could find regarding this seemingly well known issue.

I really hope you can help me out. Attatched is the log file generated.

Best,

Jesper

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: b-chill

Hi,

looking into your LOG-file you will see the first errors occur during FrameWork 2 and -4 setup. Log in as administrator and, according to the following lines from your LOG-file start these programs/setups manually:

C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\x64\NET\2\NetFx20.exe
C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe
...does this work? Or do you get more informative error-messages running this setups directly (and not in silent mode)?

If these two setups run without problems, let windows update itself (so servicepacks, language-packs for framework get installed) and afterwards retry the AutoCAD-installation procedure (as administrator!)

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
b-chill
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello.

Its been a while, i didnt have the time to invastigate further.

Now i tried your advices, but problem persists. Seems like a problem in the installation program, that it cannot accept that runtime environment 4 is allready installed? No?

2011/11/14:23:59:54 Jesper BENTO Installing .NET Framework Runtime 2.0: C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\x64\NET\2\NetFx20.exe /q:a /c:"install.exe /q" 2011/11/14:23:59:56 Jesper BENTO Install .NET Framework Runtime 2.0 Failed Fai...lure is ignored, Result=1603 2011/11/14:23:59:56 Jesper BENTO Installing .NET Framework Runtime 4.0: C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /q 2011/11/15:00:02:02 Jesper BENTO Install .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Message 4 of 5
GEDM
in reply to: b-chill

I have the same issue, what was the fix for this problem?

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: GEDM

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

If it fails on Microsoft Visual C++, then uninstall any versions that you already have installed and try again.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report