I had a problem in my laptop and I had to reinstall my windows.
Now, I am facing a problem on the installation of Revit 2014 (student version).
I have been trying too many things attempting to fix this problem, I have no luck.
I uninstalled so many times the "Microsoft Microsoft Visual C++" 2005 and all other versions 2008/2010. through Panel Control and also another tool called "dotnetfx_cleanup_tool" etc...I dont know what to do.
I had a similar issue when I was installing Autocad Architecture 2014 but I solved removing Microsoft .net 4.5 and installiing 4.0 version.
If someone could clarify what is going on and how to solve it, I appreciate.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation
Let me know if there is a step you dont know how to do. If that still does not work, please let me know so I could continue to trouble shoot your issue. Have you tried downloading a trial version and licensing it afterwards?
Its a pleasure. I am glad I could help. =)
I am trying to install the educational version of Revit 2014,
It keeps saying communication failure,
I have tried it over a 100 times, something most be wrong.
Kindly advise please.
Please post this as a new issue. It will help us to see if it is resolved or not.
Kindy follow this link to create a new issue: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/postpage/boar
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register