Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing license onto a new laptop when old laptop not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
georgeoney
300 Views, 1 Reply

Problem importing license onto a new laptop when old laptop not working

I had AutoCAD LT 2012 installed on both a desktop and laptop machine. The screen laptop failed and is no longer useable. I have purchased a new laptop, exported the license from the desktop, then imported the license onto the new laptop. I then tried to import the license back onto the desktop and got an error message (too many installs). How do I import the license onto the desktop without being able to access the old laptop?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: georgeoney

Welcome to the community George!

It sounds like you're trying to import a license that is not available / has not first been exported.

If you wish to run the software on both machines and as you no longer have access to the previous license (broken laptop), you would simply need to proceed with the standard install and activation process. Should you run into any licensing issues at that point, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report