Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem downloading Autodesk Inventor Pro

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
ndani857
4040 Views, 16 Replies

Problem downloading Autodesk Inventor Pro

My wife and I have been trying to download the Inventor Pro for 5 days now.  The first time it appeared to download, and I received the serial number and product key, but cannot seem to locate the file anywhere on our computer.  Have looked in the C drive, done searches, etc.  Tried our laptop for download and it is not there either.  What are my options?  I would really like to have this program at home for my classwork, and was told by our instructor that is would be advisable to have it.  Thanks for your help.  Norm

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: ndani857

Hi ndani857,

If you didn't specify or have the option to specify a save location, the download file typically saves to your download folder which is usually located within your user profile folder.

As a potential workaround, I've provided the following 72hr timed direct download links that will allow you to choose where you want to save .exe file.

Autodesk Inventor 2012 32BIT - LINK

Autodesk Inventor 2012 64BIT - LINK

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and or if you need the link for a different version.

Message 3 of 17
ndani857

Thank you very much for your assistance.  I was able to download the program with no problems at all with the link you sent.  It is now up and running!

Norman Daniel

Lake Michigan College

Message 4 of 17
philip.s

You're welcome Norman (ndani857). Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and you're able to enjoy the full functionality of the software!!!!

Message 5 of 17
transform.o2

Hi I am having a lot of problems installing autodesk inventor.There seems to be some communication failure message

Message 6 of 17
AnkushVed
in reply to: transform.o2

After accepting the web EULA, remain on the web page till the time the .exe is completely downloaded. Once it is downloaded, click/run the .exe. Till the time you run the downloaded .exe, do not click on any other links or buttons within the same autodesk portal page. 

Do not click on the already downloaded <>_Setup.exe, that will not work. You need to go back to portal and click on Install Now button for each re-install attempt. 

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise. 

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 7 of 17
jimbuchanruach
in reply to: philip.s

I have been trying to install the Student version of Autocad Inovator but with no success so far,  Every time I start the download I get an error that communication with the server has been lost.  I am using VMWare v 6 with Windows 8 installed.  Everything else is working fine.

I am a teacher and need this for work.

I see that there are some very large files to download - hot do I overcome this problem.

Jim

Message 8 of 17
alex_curle1

Hi,

I am having issues downloading Iventor Pro 2015 student edition. I tried to place it onto my memory stick as i try to keep my programs on here, however on download it split the files between the memory stick and the computer additionally it didn't downlaod all the files due to a notification 'network connection lost'. When i have tried to download the rest of the files it wouldn't work. I have deleted all files from the memory stick and computer to try and download it through the browser and it has worked but is now telling me that files are missing. Can anyone give me advice on what to do next since i don't know what to do next?

Thanks

Message 9 of 17
jessica.t
in reply to: alex_curle1

Hi @alex_curle1 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please try re-downloading your software using our Virtual Agent but first follow these troubleshooting steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If you continue to experience trouble after that please reply to my post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 17
alex_curle1
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi,

I have followed all the steps but it still isnt working. It is saying that I have software installed even though i deleted all the files before taking these steps. There was no issue with download, at first it said that i didnt have the service pack for the Vault basic so i installed that with no issues. It is now coming up with an error "Can't install due to no CAD software located" when i click install to install the rest of the products. When i originally tried to download the software it didnt download some form of english pack and therefore Inventor Pro isnt ticked on the list of programs installed. It asks me to go into the C:\ drive to install a pack so that the install can finish, however when i do this it says that it needs to start the install from "startup.exe". I am now really confused as what to do and didnt know if you had any further advice?

Thanks

Message 11 of 17
asburyj
in reply to: alex_curle1

If the installer is not letting you perform the re-install because it believes the software is already installed most likely there are registry keys left over from a partial install. Please use the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool at the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1.) Click the "Run now" Button in the Fix-it box

2.) Accept the License Agreement

3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply"

4.) Select "Uninstalling"

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the one from the list you are unable to Re-install and then click next and yes

6.) When the tool completes There may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed

Jeffry Asbury
Message 12 of 17
cli7170

I've been trying to download Inventor since about two months ago and it seems to always fail at the installation part when it says 27 of 30 remaining. I have a HP beataudio laptop. Please help. 

Message 13 of 17
asburyj
in reply to: cli7170

Cli7170,

It's difficult to tell what could be the problem from that description. Can you upload a copy of your setup log from the failed installation?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 14 of 17
tokamurphywork

I'm trying to install inventor pro on my Inspiron 17 7000 Series 7746. It meets all the system requirements but all files fail to download.

I have attached my installation log in file

Message 15 of 17

@tokamurphywork

Welcome to the community...

Your installation is simply failing due to the method (web installer) you're using.  This method is unreliable and shouldn't be used. 

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Although you were probably unaware of this, but when you post or share stuff here, please make sure it doesn't include your personal information such as your serial #. This is a world wide user forum and that type of info should not be included in your posting. Granted the installation log file helped us to determine your root cause (but it did contain your serial #)... So in the future remove or blur it out before posting. I will have the moderator remove it in order to protect your information.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 17
toka97
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey I am having problem with my licensing, an error page pops up when i enter my keys

Message 17 of 17
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: toka97

@toka97

Welcome to the community...

What error message?   Do you think we are mind readers...  Smiley Very Happy   Details are necessary in order to assist you.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report