Installation & Licensing

jaroslaw.janiak
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)

Previous version of old network licenses on a subscription

110 Views, 3 Replies
08-27-2012 02:30 AM

I've got problem to solve:

AutoCAD 2013 network version on a subscription since 2007 version. New license file for 2013 version will let me run 2013 and 3 previous versions (2012-2010), but what with older ones (2009-2007)? Can I use for them separate license file? If there will be separate license file, it could lead to a situation when there are more licenses in use than we are eligible to use.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (101 Views)

Re: Previous version of old network licenses on a subscription

08-27-2012 05:35 AM in reply to: jaroslaw.janiak

You can no longer legally use 2009 or lower software with this subscription license. Period.

May I ask why you want to do this?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
jaroslaw.janiak
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)

08-27-2012 06:30 AM in reply to: pendean

But you can use previous licenses older than 3 versions if you have original media. And I have it. In standalone versions (cheaper than network) that's not a problem. So why with network versions it would have been different?

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 4 of 4 (93 Views)

08-27-2012 06:37 AM in reply to: jaroslaw.janiak

Hi jaroslaw, 

Allow me to jump in this discussion for a moment. 

Pendean is correct.

Under a subscription contract, regardless of it being a standalone or networked license, you cannot use versions older than the 3 previous ones if your newer versions have been activated even if you have the original media. This is stated in the EULA. 

Camilo Lemos

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube