Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plist not working on a tripple redundant Licnese manager install

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
946 Views, 7 Replies

Plist not working on a tripple redundant Licnese manager install

I have installed 60 AutoCAD 2009 licenses for a customer with a redundant license manager set up. It is an upgrade from 2008. They have CAD works 2008 installed and need to use it. Even though the plist seems to be up and running when I do a server status inquiry, we get the [-1.5,18] error when we try to open AutoCAD 2008. (2009 opens fine)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Has your NLM changed servers and if so, have your 2008 clients been redirected? Do your AutoCAD 2008 licenses show available on a status enquiry? If your AutoCAD 2009 is under Subscription, you should have a PACKAGE feature that allows for prior use. Otherwise you will still need your old 2008 license appended. Post some more information here and we'll see if it can be narrowed down. Too many variables still.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Attached are the 2008 and 2009 license.
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Yep, your combined license file does not have the 2008 licenses included in it and none of them are the Subscription PACKAGE feature. So with this file, none of your 2008 installations will be able to pull a license and you'll get a -18 error.
You should be able to add the INCREMENT portions of your 2008 LIC files to the combined one and do a license reread from LMTOOLS.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

ok, i will try that.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

It still does not work, I have combined the 2008 increments and the 2009 ones and the service will not start. the service works if there are all 2009 increments, or all 2008 increments, but not if 2008 and 2009 increments are in the same file.
Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

You may not have combined the license files correctly. Simply add only the INCREMENT section of the 2008 license and append it to the end of the 2009. You also only need the latest (2009) PLIST in the file.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Try the attached combined license file. Also make sure your NLM is at least version 11.5.
Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report