Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 1 (48 Views)

PictureTaker doesn't work?

48 Views, 0 Replies
10-24-2000 06:42 PM
I'm trying to roll out the installation of Architectural Desktop 2 to about 15 users. Installing from scratch, then adding all the patches, then adding all our customization, is a 21 step process that takes several hours. I tried using the PictureTaker program that came on the AutoDesk CD but it had expired, so I downloaded the latest demo version from Lanovation and tried that. Things looked really promising until I started AutoCad on the new machine and got that dreaded message that "AutoCad was not installed properly on this machine and you should quit and reinstall, blah, blah". After I persisted it said it couldn't find a required DLL even though I was able to find it in the Program files\Common\AutoCad directory.

Has anyone had a better experience with PictureTaker or am I really in for 30 hours of drudgery? We are using the network version with ADlm as the license manager and the program files installed locally on each machine. Thanks for any suggestions.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube