Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painfully slow Revit starup after license move.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MarkMoorhead
465 Views, 4 Replies

Painfully slow Revit starup after license move.

Hello,

I attempted moving my Network licenses for ABDS Premium from a Windows 2003 server to a Windows 2008 R2 server over the weekend after obtaining a new license file and putting the latest version of the NLM on the new server.  First Revit didn't prompt for a new license location until after I disabled my anti-virus and firewall on the new server.  Then, when I tried again, it finally prompted me for the new location, but it took 3-4+ minutes real-time before prompting, and another 3-4+ minutes to find the new license server and open the program.  I thought it may be a one-time deal, so I closed Revit and tried re-opening.  It found the license, but I timed it, and it took 4+ minutes to open the program.  Took that long to open the program every time, even after a restart.  The second open on the computer I was testing took <30 seconds before moving the licenses.

Any idea what the slow-down could be.  The new server has much better hardware, and the same amount of software as the old server.

Thanks for any ideas.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: MarkMoorhead

its probably still looking for the old server

try adding this system variable: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-se...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
MarkMoorhead
in reply to: DarrenP

I believe I did.  Odd that it shouldn't know where the new server is after it prompts me for the new location and I tell it.

Thanks for the input, I will verify.

Mark

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: MarkMoorhead

True, but it likes to keep track of the old on in its LICPATH.LIC file and also in the registry.  Setting the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable goes a long way to resolving this issue.  Darren's link should help out a lot.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
MarkMoorhead
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Guys,

I thought I tried it, but when I double checked, either I erased it after trying, or didn't try.  In any case, I added the system variable, and looks like it fixed my problem.  I did monkey with the firewall a little too, but I think it was your suggested fix that did the trick.

Thanks a lot!

Mark 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report