Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH LICENSE EXPORT AND CRASHES ON STARTUP :-(

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
niskota
664 Views, 2 Replies

PROBLEMS WITH LICENSE EXPORT AND CRASHES ON STARTUP :-(

Hello!!

Recently i bought new workstation (dual cpu xeon x5650, 24 GB of RAM, ati radeon HD 5800, xp 64 bit...) i wanted to transfer my licence from old workstation…

Ok, first i used your transfer utility to export it and try to import it on new worstation bit i got crashe when 3dmax starts… then i tried to import it on this new workstation through the same lic.transfer.utility.. And i import it well bit tried to start max and i got crash on start… Then i export it and import on my old workstation and i did that ok…

In mean time ( i looked ad some hot fix on autodesk) i install last hotfix…

After that i restart both workstations and tried one more time to export from old workstation but now it sais that i cannot export license....failed… Error 44.... I have few render slaves in my network but i use them just for rendering over DR in vray… And i have installed max on laptop which i sometimes use (because i can use one workstation and one for example laptop with one single license)…

Now i tried to uninstall max again on new workstation and delete folders from appdata… install it again, and now it sais (when i start the max) that i have to import the license and when i click to import i gaet Import Request Failed… error reference: 201

is there any way to try to install fresh copy of max in trial mode and see how does it work on my new workstation (i have to try that first 😞 )???

So, i am very confused, i have this new super worstation and i didnt start max in it.... I dont know is it a max problem, or hardvare problem or license problem (but its new machine) or windows problem…

Please Help!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
niskota
in reply to: niskota

anyone???

Message 3 of 3
anantnikam
in reply to: niskota

hi, i too have the same problem. i brought new workstation. config as: dual xeon 5670, 32gb ddr3 ecc regesteged ram, intel s5520sc board, quadro fx 3800 Graphic card. but i cant use max 2009, 10, 11 on it as it crashes on startup. I got service pack from autodesk for 2009 but still it didnt work .... i can import the licence, but it crashes. but one thing i notice that max 9 works......but i hv all files of 2009 n 2010 . i need help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report