Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLU Machine Indentification Code

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
354 Views, 2 Replies

PLU Machine Indentification Code

We have multiple stand alone licences of 2006.

A "build" machine was prepared with AutoCAD installed but not licenced. A image was then taken from this PC and placed on multiple PCs which were then individually licenced.

We are trying to port the licence from one PC to another but all the PCs have the same Machine Identifiction Code in the Portable Licence Utility so its saying it can't export the licence.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. You CANNOT image a stand-alone copy of Autodesk software.

You can do this with network versions but NOT stand-alone versions. The reason being is that the serial number and hardware information (MAC & HDD) are compiled into the program for license authorization. If they don't match, you can't use the product.

Since the compiled file is imaged and moved to other machines, it will not work. Even if you delete the appropriate files, they will not be recreated correctly without uninstalling and reinstalling the product. Trust me, I have tried numerous times.

Your only option is to uninstall and reinstall the stand-alone copies or convert all of your license to Network versions.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can also use the AutoCAD Group Deployment Wizard to make an installation
that runs from your network drive and installs a standalone installation of
AutoCAD to your specifications onto any of your machines.

wrote in message news:5064698@discussion.autodesk.com...
We have multiple stand alone licences of 2006.

A "build" machine was prepared with AutoCAD installed but not licenced. A
image was then taken from this PC and placed on multiple PCs which were then
individually licenced.

We are trying to port the licence from one PC to another but all the PCs
have the same Machine Identifiction Code in the Portable Licence Utility so
its saying it can't export the licence.

Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report