Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDSP 2012 pulling a PDSU 2012 License

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
LotzH
492 Views, 1 Reply

PDSP 2012 pulling a PDSU 2012 License

Hi

I have an issue with the following - Inventor Standard - Product design suite premium is pulling a Inventor Pro - Product design suite ultimate license of the server.

I know the Pro can pull a standard one like in 2011 but I never heard of it the other way around.

I can see there are 2 licenses for Ultimate and 2 licenses for Premium but the premium is pulling the ultimate license.

I have attached the product information which you get in INV and you can see what is happening.

I need help urgently please......

I have attached the LMTools Log and the product info on "about inventor screen"

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: LotzH

Inventor 2012 will always follow the cascading sequence and take the cheapest available.

if you use professional function it will cascade upto the ultimate.

It is better to use Ultimate installer on all 4 seats to maximize the use of licenses 

As long as you have the Premium license above the Ultimate in the license file and both issued the same day, older versions of inventor (2010/2011 etc.)  should take the Premium license first when using standard functions of Inventor.

If this is not the behaviour you are seeing there could be some debugging required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report