Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS Ultimate: Wrong Serial # Showing?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
LT.Rusty
243 Views, 9 Replies

PDS Ultimate: Wrong Serial # Showing?

Last week I installed Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 on a clean Windows installation to a brand new bare hard drive.  We use network licensing, and I used the correct serial number.

For some reason, Inventor Professional is now running as vanilla Inventor instead of Pro.  The Pro splash screen comes up, and everything appears to be Pro ... but I can't access pro features, and the Product License Information screen shows "Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013" instead of Ultimate, and it shows the license info for a network installation of PDS Standard, which is absolutely not the serial that I used to install Ultimate.  Other products from the PDS Ultimate show the correct license info - Alias, for instance - but Inventor doesn't.

Any way to fix this without reinstalling?

Rusty

EESignature

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: LT.Rusty

its working as designed: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17437350&linkID=9242018 and here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17437749&linkID=9242018&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

try switching to the stress analysis enviroment then check what it says

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

if you have Alias design already opened the Inventor should automatically cascade up to the ultimate license but not instantly

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
LT.Rusty

No, see, that's my point.  I understand about how the license checkout process works for Pro vs Standard.

There WAS NO Stress Analysis Environment.  Nor was there Dynamic Simulation.  Nor Routed Systems.

The serial numbers shown for Alias (under PDSU) and Inventor (as PDSS) were different.  Inventor was self-identifying as coming from PDSS, Alias was self-identifying as coming from PDSU, and they had serial numbers appropriate for those packages, even though both of them were installed at the same time on a clean Windows installation using PDSU media and serial key.

That is not behavior as designed. 

After uninstalling and reinstalling, it (seems to have) corrected itself.  Maybe.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

do you see any of the add ins in the tools>add ins?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
LT.Rusty

Now that I've re-installed, yes, everything is there.

Before that, no, the add-ins for mold design, stress analysis, etc., were all gone.  It was plain vanilla Inventor in every way, except for the splash screen that said Professional.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

thats wierd

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
LT.Rusty

Here we go again!  I have all my Pro features (for the moment), but it's displaying a serial number that I KNOW is my company's serial for PDSS, not PDSU.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
DarrenP

what happens if you swtich to dynamic siumlation enviroment

does the serial number change?

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report