Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options File Not Detected

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AquinasC
518 Views, 7 Replies

Options File Not Detected

I am trying to create an options file for LMTools v11.10.0.0 on our license server as described here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

I have only the one line in the file: TIMEOUTALL 900.

It is saved as adskflex.opt in Network License Manager/Licenses.  When I reread the license file, I see that it has not been detected.

I have carefully checked the file and its name and location, and everything is in order. I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this, so any help will be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: AquinasC

Welcome to the community.

It is probably because most likely your options file was saved as adskflex.opt.txt, but your .txt file extension is hidden.  This happens when created with Notepad and with Windows hiding known file extensions.  Turn on your file extensions in your Windows Folder Options and verify that. 

Reread your license file to put it into effect and you should be set.  Your debug.log file will verify.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
LyleHardin
in reply to: TravisNave

My options file is detected, but apparently ignored.

The log file shows that the options file is being read, but Server Status shows there are people using licenses that are for other groups (for instance I see Mehrhoff using the Factory Design Suite which should be reserved for Doerr) as well as licenses that have been in use for 48 hrs when I have the TIMEOUTALL set to 2 hrs. Anyone know what's going on?

Do I need to actually use the RESERVE option to keep people outside a group from using those licenses?

Below is my options file text.

#Timeout after 2 hours (2*60*60 = 7200 seconds)
TIMEOUTALL 7200

# Disables case sensitivity when defining groups/hosts.
GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON

# Defines groups of usernames.
GROUP MECH doerr chervek ems wellington hardin
GROUP ARCH mehrhoff schnefke smith hardin worfler
GROUP DTD hardin worfler

# Only types included can access license feature.
INCLUDE 86128FDSPRM_2014_0F USER DOERR
INCLUDE 86131PDSP_2014_0F GROUP MECH
INCLUDE 86071BDSPRM_2014_0F GROUP ARCH
INCLUDE 86125IDSU_2014_0F GROUP DTD

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: LyleHardin

Okay, I will try to break this down step by step.

I assume your debug log file does, in fact, show that it is being read in.  Correct?

1.  You should set your INCLUDE on the PACKAGE feature code and not the INCREMENT feature code.  What is probably happening is that the other user is cascading to the other suite, which he is not denied. 

2.  The TIMEOUTALL can be verified also in the debug.log file.  You should see check IN for a user designated as (INACTIVE).  Idle can be defeated though in many ways.  You can borrow a license.  That will (LINGER) for a speficied time.  You can also stay within a command and never complete it.  You probably need to do a little more research on this and post your logs.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
LyleHardin

I'm not sure, but I think I get it. I should take out the 2014 part of the license feature?, so:

86123IDSP_2014_0F

becomes

85812IDSP_F

etc.

I'm trying that now and I'll check the results in a day or two to see how it's going.

As for the TIMEOUT: here's a portion of the log file.

9:37:11 (adskflex) Rereading options file...

9:37:11 (adskflex) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 7200 seconds

9:37:11 (adskflex) RESERVING 1 86125IDSU_2014_0F/0520 32D9 9011 E3CD  license for USER_GROUP DTD

9:37:11 (adskflex) INCLUDE USER_GROUP DTD 86125IDSU_2014_0F

9:37:11 (adskflex) RESERVING 2 86071BDSPRM_2014_0F/1682 C22B B1BB A39B  licenses for USER_GROUP ARCH

9:37:11 (adskflex) INCLUDE USER_GROUP ARCH 86071BDSPRM_2014_0F

9:37:11 (adskflex) RESERVING 1 86128FDSPRM_2014_0F/1065 EC13 C96C 853A  license for USER DOERR

9:37:11 (adskflex) INCLUDE USER DOERR 86128FDSPRM_2014_0F

9:37:11 (adskflex) RESERVING 3 86131PDSP_2014_0F/1EEB B5F6 C510 38AA  licenses for USER_GROUP MECH

9:37:11 (adskflex) INCLUDE USER_GROUP MECH 86131PDSP_2014_0F

9:37:11 (adskflex) ...Finished rereading

Message 6 of 8
LyleHardin

However, I do see Autodesk lists the feature codes... so I guess I'm still a bit confused.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21374698&linkID=9240697

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Yes but all the feature codes are under one Subscription package.  So the behavior changes.  It's really wonky.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
LyleHardin

Thanks.
I did notice after I made the changes, the log file reported about a gazillion (give or take) more items it is including in the groups. So apparently, my previous attempt was only including the 2014 versions of the software and now it's including all versions of the software suites. Most of my users are still on 2013 as I have not yet rolled out 2014 to everyone. Now I see why people were still getting software they shouldn't have. This may do it. Thanks a lot. Now I just need to wait for the phone calls....
Lyle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report