Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening CAB files for imperial template troubles will not open help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jpfernandesengineering
261 Views, 1 Reply

Opening CAB files for imperial template troubles will not open help

I ahve successfully installed the CAb imperial file additions to my revit201 but they donot open in revit. I know the location works cause they are available to start a new project but will not open.

TRying to get assistance on the installation of the CAB files.

I have NAimperial and the other one and Canada.

i am working from Portugal revit 2010 on windows 7

the CAB file content is opened with explorer to see all the graphic and text file but i cannot open it with revit it aleways comes up with erre cannot read.

I have changed the properties to open with revit its jaust confussing the life out of me

cheers

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Its the CAb files not wanting to open on Revit 2010 archetecture. (using a European licence Portugalis where I am learning from)

the error message is the following
canot open the file the file type is not supprted.

when i open a new projec I can open the original *rte file types
I have gone to the revit download site via links sent in the discussion forums and from my tutors. i have succesfully downloaded the CAB files
I particularly want the CAB file that is the imperial file for my projects submission.

MY question therefore is why is it that the CAB files do not open. i have manually palced the download and i have tried changing property opening I have turned off security features i have manually placed the download I have downloaded direct to specific location. I have opened it from my desk top direct.
Some how the computer program accepts the *rte files but no*cab file types. the CAb files are easily opened by windows 7 and shows the graphic and program data

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report