Installation & Licensing

Contributor
Neomid
Message 1 of 3 (306 Views)

One Lmtools to manage 2 license files for 2 units

306 Views, 2 Replies
07-06-2011 06:44 AM

I can use lmtools to manage two license files for two units different?
I have one unit in my state and other unit in other location, i need install the lmtools in the server and manage two license files, one for each unit.
Thats  possible??

Thanks, if you know, help-me.

Product Support
emily.xu
Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)

Re: One Lmtools to manage 2 license files for 2 units

07-06-2011 09:10 PM in reply to: Neomid

Are the two licenses for Autodesk products? if yes, you need combine the license. see: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8057761&linkID=9240617.

Please note:When adding additional licenses for the same Autodesk product to your license file, you must obtain a new license file for the total number of licenses with that feature code, not just the new ones. For example, do not combine two different AutoCAD® 2006 license files into one file. Obtain one new license file that contains the required total number of AutoCAD 2006 licenses.

Also, if you want manage different vendors license, you need follow this solution: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2865829&linkID=9240617

Emily Xu
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: One Lmtools to manage 2 license files for 2 units

07-07-2011 08:33 AM in reply to: Neomid

You can combine both licenses onto one server and can still manage to keep them separate with an adskflex.opt options file. 

I've got a pretty good post about this listed in my signature below. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube