Installation & Licensing

Dromulus
Message 1 of 5 (235 Views)

Old product activation with no reseller

235 Views, 4 Replies
05-05-2013 05:19 PM

Hi,

I recently purchaed a unopnend/unactivated copy of AutoCAD 2007lt from USA (I am in Australia), when trying to activate I was told the license could not be used in Australia.

It is signifficantly hard to get access to older software from Autodesk resllers and all I wanted was a post 2002 release for home use.

Going off the Autodesk repsonse I contacted the seller who informed me he puchased the software from a university bulk sale and is unable to contact any original reseller, so by the information I have so far receievd this software is useless to me.

Is there any way to activate my product? If not then I am done with AutoDesk and shall try my hand with TurboCAD or another user friendly product.

Thanks for any help in this matter,

Steve

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 2 of 5 (227 Views)

Re: Old product activation with no reseller

05-05-2013 06:00 PM in reply to: Dromulus

Dear Dromulus,

Please be informed that licenses may only be used in the country of purchase. This means that since you purchaed the liicense in the US, it can only be used in the United States. This is according to our License and Services Agreement. I would suggest that you contact the Seller you purchased the product from and request for a refund if possible.

Than you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 5 (213 Views)

05-06-2013 07:10 AM in reply to: Dromulus

Dromulus wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchaed a unopnend/unactivated copy of AutoCAD 2007lt from USA (I am in Australia), when trying to activate I was told the license could not be used in Australia.

Steve

don't know how that is possible autodesk only sells 2014

you probably bought an illegal copy

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (202 Views)

05-06-2013 11:36 AM in reply to: Dromulus
You got ripped off my friend: a legit reseller knows about regional limits.
Contact your credit card company to help you get a refund.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Dromulus
Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)

05-06-2013 02:09 PM in reply to: Dromulus

Thanks for the replies, It was my mistake, I would have thought an unopened box of a product with a serial number not yet used would have been perfectly legitimate, guess not.

Thanks for confiming I have exhated all my avenues.

Goodbye

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube