Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Diercks, Skip
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)

Old ADlM and Flexlm

119 Views, 3 Replies
09-17-2002 02:27 AM
As far as I can tell, both license management tools can be running on the
same server at the same time. Can someone confirm that I can run both
please?
--
Skip Diercks
Computer Support Specialist
Wade-Trim, Inc.
sdiercks@wadetrim.com
*Nehls, Kevin
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)

Re: Old ADlM and Flexlm

09-17-2002 02:52 AM in reply to: *Diercks, Skip
Yes they can. I've been doing this for several months now during our
transisition that's taking too long, but I've only got myself to blame for
that one. Hopefully another week or two and I'll have everyone up on 2002,
then I'll only have one lic manager to deal with.

--
Kevin Nehls


"Skip Diercks" wrote in message
news:0511ADB49C66C369427C218E2D267279@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> As far as I can tell, both license management tools can be running on the
> same server at the same time. Can someone confirm that I can run both
> please?
> --
> Skip Diercks
> Computer Support Specialist
> Wade-Trim, Inc.
> sdiercks@wadetrim.com
>
>
*Diercks, Skip
Message 3 of 4 (119 Views)

Re:

09-17-2002 03:01 AM in reply to: *Diercks, Skip
That's what I thought, thanks Kevin.

--
Skip Diercks
Computer Support Specialist
Wade-Trim, Inc.
sdiercks@wadetrim.com
"Kevin Nehls" wrote in message
news:742A3983CAE54A0398E789E0549FDC55@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Yes they can. I've been doing this for several months now during our
> transisition that's taking too long, but I've only got myself to blame for
> that one. Hopefully another week or two and I'll have everyone up on
2002,
> then I'll only have one lic manager to deal with.
>
> --
> Kevin Nehls
>
>
> "Skip Diercks" wrote in message
> news:0511ADB49C66C369427C218E2D267279@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > As far as I can tell, both license management tools can be running on
the
> > same server at the same time. Can someone confirm that I can run both
> > please?
> > --
> > Skip Diercks
> > Computer Support Specialist
> > Wade-Trim, Inc.
> > sdiercks@wadetrim.com
> >
> >
>
>
*Lynch, Ken
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

Re:

09-17-2002 04:32 AM in reply to: *Diercks, Skip
You can also run multiple Flexlm on the same machine. I serve two different
softwares with Flexlm and another with ADlm. They all live happily together
on the same server. They each have a uniquely named service on my NT PC.

"Skip Diercks" wrote in message
news:8518246C3F137DB3F55DB381A88C0170@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> That's what I thought, thanks Kevin.
>
> --
> Skip Diercks
> Computer Support Specialist
> Wade-Trim, Inc.
> sdiercks@wadetrim.com
> "Kevin Nehls" wrote in message
> news:742A3983CAE54A0398E789E0549FDC55@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Yes they can. I've been doing this for several months now during our
> > transisition that's taking too long, but I've only got myself to blame
for
> > that one. Hopefully another week or two and I'll have everyone up on
> 2002,
> > then I'll only have one lic manager to deal with.
> >
> > --
> > Kevin Nehls
> >
> >
> > "Skip Diercks" wrote in message
> > news:0511ADB49C66C369427C218E2D267279@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > As far as I can tell, both license management tools can be running on
> the
> > > same server at the same time. Can someone confirm that I can run both
> > > please?
> > > --
> > > Skip Diercks
> > > Computer Support Specialist
> > > Wade-Trim, Inc.
> > > sdiercks@wadetrim.com
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube