Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Sven.Homscheid
327 Views, 2 Replies

Offline license use

Hello!

I am considering to procure AutoDesk CIVIL 3D as single license for my laptop, which I will carry with me. I have tried the trial version and concluded that it is useful. However, the trial version always connected to the internet to get license validity information. What will happen if I install the purchased version? Will the license also have to connect to the internet server every time I want to use it? This would be not practical because there are still parts in the world that do not have permanent internet connection. And these parts of the world are where I have to work. So, will the license work without internet connection?

Thanks for your help

Sven

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Sven.Homscheid

Once installed and authorized, C3D will never do that.
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: Sven.Homscheid

Sven.Homscheid

Hello. If you purchase “Standalone” licenses, you need to get them activated. This is done with an online connection or manually over the phone or email, perhaps. Once activated, they will not need to connect back to activate unless there is a problem with the licensing down the road- crash, system reformat, etc.

If you purchase “Network” licenses, you need a connection to a license manager, which would be on your network somewhere. Does not need to be connected to the internet, just to the client machines.

If you purchase a “Rental” license, you will need to connect to the internet periodically.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report