Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining a Network License while offline/out of the country

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WJH1970
916 Views, 4 Replies

Obtaining a Network License while offline/out of the country

I have a user running AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 who is travelling abroad on business. (We are on subscription...I'm told this makes it all Legit and legal for international travel). This person didn't realize he failed to borrow a license until trying to open the program yesterday, and recieved a license not found error message.

We've successfully borrowed licensese via VPN connections in the past but I've never attempted this across seas. I have the timer setting maxed out to account for delays between locations, but should this fail, is there any other way I can get a license to him?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: WJH1970

Besides making a VPN connection, you should also try increasing the amount of time it takes for the client to get a license from the server. This can be done on the client machine by setting a system environment variable called FLEXLM_TIMEOUT and setting the value to one-million. One-million consists of one second. So if you increased it to nine-million, for example, it would allow for 9 seconds for the client to poll the NLM for a license.
With 2010, there's really no other quick way to get a license to somebody that forgot to borrow. Just make sure you can create a solid connection and keep trying.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
_rhenley

I did this from London last year over a VPN connection of middling DSL speed, all I needed was 1000000.
Message 4 of 5
WJH1970

Thanks for the info...I spoke with this person today, and it seems that when connnected via VPN, and try to open AutoCAD, they are getting a message saying flex net license manager cannot find the server, and are prompted to enter the server name an license file location.

Our company is very security concience, and I'm begining to think it has more to do with the permissions available with a VPN connection, at least for this user. I've grabbed a license this way from home in the past, but I also have admin rights to the server. This may not matter, but I'm at a loss for any other reson.
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Make sure you can ping the server by name while on the VPN connection. It is also not uncommon to get this error if you haven't set the system environment variable as directed above. It's a side-effect of network latency. Ensure connectivity first and set the variable accordingly. This will most likely resolve your issue. You may also want to verify that there are not firewall issues blocking ports 2080 and 27000~27001. Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report