Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of seats per 2010 installation DVD

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
10acken
354 Views, 11 Replies

Number of seats per 2010 installation DVD

I'm getting ready to install C3D 2010. We have 7 seats, but only 3 sets of installation DVDs. On 2 of the boxes, just to the right of and above the Serial No., it says "Seats: 001" On the third box, in the same place, it says "Seats: 005" Does that mean that I can install that third box on 5 different machines using the same Serial No. and Product Key?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: 10acken

Correct! Also, you only need to use one box set. You can just change the installed serial number accordingly. All the sets are the same.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
10acken

OK. So I use the one Serial No./Product Key 5 times, and the other two just once? (I know I'm being a little redundant, but I just want to be sure.)
Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Yep, that's right.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
AllenJessup

That's it. Next year you could talk to your reseller about rolling them all in to one multiseat license. Or see if you could get by with a 5 or 6 seat network license.
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
10acken

Do I understand correctly that with 2011 there is no longer the option of getting the actual DVDs? You HAVE to download?
Message 7 of 12
TravisNave

You can make the media request on the Subscription Center.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 12
10acken

So by default, 2010 wants to install Design Review in the same folder as the version that came with 2009. Should I change this location, or let it overwrite what is there? It seems like since it says Design Review is necessary, overwriting it would prevent 2009 from running correctly.
Message 9 of 12
TravisNave

I install over the previous version every year. Never seems to be a problem.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 12
10acken

Thanks for all your help.
Message 11 of 12
10acken

Installed and both 09 and 2010 are up and running. How do I get my product information in 2010? I got the menus up, in addition to the ribbon, but the help pulldown is gone.
Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

Strange. You could type ABOUT in the command line, I suppose.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report