Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to install Autocad 2010 on win 7 DirectX 11

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dvsrkumar
11489 Views, 6 Replies

Not able to install Autocad 2010 on win 7 DirectX 11

I'm installing Autocad 2010 on windows 7. I got a problem at the first step. It required to install DirectX 9.0 before Autocad 2010. But windows 7 included DirectX 11. Why this error happened ? How to fix this issue to continue the installation?

Thank in advance

Raghu.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: dvsrkumar

The failure is likely with another prerequiste.  You might attach your setup log located in your %temp% location. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
dvsrkumar
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

Please find the attache setup log file. It is trying to install DirectX 9.0 Runtime and failed. But i have Direct X 11. I am using windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and i am trying to install 64 bit Auto CAD 2010.

Please help me.

Regards,

Raghu.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: dvsrkumar

The issue is not DirectX as it is ignored due to the existence of the later version.  There should be another installation log file in addition to this as well that steps thru the installation process.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
randy510
in reply to: TravisNave

Since I'm having the same issue with 2011 on a Win 7 machine, here is the log of my latest attempt:

2010/8/5:12:40:16    Randy    MAXTOR-500GB    Install    .NET Framework Runtime 3.5 SP1    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603

Message 6 of 7
Granville4879
in reply to: randy510

Can I take it that this was never resolved?

I am looking at moving our design users to Win 7 but the install appears to be in a hard loop on the "Installing Components" screen at the first step "DirectX 9.0 Runtime".

Thank you,
Granville
Message 7 of 7

simply copy the contents of the cd to the hard disk and then install ... from hard disk...

simple 

satinder

pathanko punjab india...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report