Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Not a valid AutoCAD service pack file' when modifying an admin image

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
266 Views, 7 Replies

'Not a valid AutoCAD service pack file' when modifying an admin image

I am getting this error when attempting to update our AutoCAD 2005 Electrical or Mechanical admin image. "Not a valid AutoCAD Service Pack File. Please select a valid file." I followed the instructions on the readme file about extracting ACAD2005sp1SWL.msp from ACAD2005sp1SWL.exe. When I select this file and hit 'next' I get the error. Tried it using UNC naming also. Help! Thanks Jim Shipley
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jim, It looks like your trying to apply the AutoCAD SP to your AutoCAD Building Electrical and Mechanical. This patch is just for AutoCAD. Each Vertical application will release there own SP based on the AutoCAD Service Pack. Hope this helps. Bud Schroeder AutoCAD Test Development Autodesk Inc. "Jim Shipley" wrote in message news:4141e99d$1_2@newsprd01... > I am getting this error when attempting to update our AutoCAD 2005 > Electrical or Mechanical admin image. > > "Not a valid AutoCAD Service Pack File. Please select a valid file." > > I followed the instructions on the readme file about extracting > ACAD2005sp1SWL.msp from ACAD2005sp1SWL.exe. When I select this file and hit > 'next' I get the error. Tried it using UNC naming also. > > Help! > Thanks > Jim Shipley > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

-Not sure of what you mean by 'Building'. We have AutoCAD Mechanical 2005, and AutoCAD Electrical 2005, both network licenses. So you're saying that these will have their own SP's? Thanks, Jim "Bud Schroeder [Autodesk Inc.]" wrote in message news:4142051f$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Jim, > > It looks like your trying to apply the AutoCAD SP to your AutoCAD Building > Electrical and Mechanical. This patch is just for AutoCAD. Each Vertical > application will release there own SP based on the AutoCAD Service Pack. > > Hope this helps. > > Bud Schroeder > AutoCAD Test Development > Autodesk Inc. > > > "Jim Shipley" wrote in message > news:4141e99d$1_2@newsprd01... > > I am getting this error when attempting to update our AutoCAD 2005 > > Electrical or Mechanical admin image. > > > > "Not a valid AutoCAD Service Pack File. Please select a valid file." > > > > I followed the instructions on the readme file about extracting > > ACAD2005sp1SWL.msp from ACAD2005sp1SWL.exe. When I select this file and > hit > > 'next' I get the error. Tried it using UNC naming also. > > > > Help! > > Thanks > > Jim Shipley > > > > > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Jim, If you take a look at the readme you will see that it only mentions AutoCAD 2005 and AutoCAD LT 2005 for patching. Each vertical application will release there own service pack. Hope this helps. Bud "Jim Shipley" wrote in message news:41420bf1$1_2@newsprd01... > -Not sure of what you mean by 'Building'. We have AutoCAD Mechanical > 2005, > and AutoCAD Electrical 2005, both network licenses. So you're saying that > these will have their own SP's? > > Thanks, > Jim > > "Bud Schroeder [Autodesk Inc.]" wrote in > message news:4142051f$1_3@newsprd01... >> Hi Jim, >> >> It looks like your trying to apply the AutoCAD SP to your AutoCAD >> Building >> Electrical and Mechanical. This patch is just for AutoCAD. Each >> Vertical >> application will release there own SP based on the AutoCAD Service Pack. >> >> Hope this helps. >> >> Bud Schroeder >> AutoCAD Test Development >> Autodesk Inc. >> >> >> "Jim Shipley" wrote in message >> news:4141e99d$1_2@newsprd01... >> > I am getting this error when attempting to update our AutoCAD 2005 >> > Electrical or Mechanical admin image. >> > >> > "Not a valid AutoCAD Service Pack File. Please select a valid file." >> > >> > I followed the instructions on the readme file about extracting >> > ACAD2005sp1SWL.msp from ACAD2005sp1SWL.exe. When I select this file >> > and >> hit >> > 'next' I get the error. Tried it using UNC naming also. >> > >> > Help! >> > Thanks >> > Jim Shipley >> > >> > >> >> > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

It returns exactly the same thing when applying SP1 to a plain Acad 2005 existing administrative image: "The file you specified is not a valid Red Deer administrative service pack. Please specify a valid file". What's wrong with it ?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

OK. Thanks Jim "Bud Schroeder [Autodesk Inc.]" wrote in message news:41433d5c$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Jim, > > If you take a look at the readme you will see that it only mentions AutoCAD > 2005 and AutoCAD LT 2005 for patching. Each vertical application will > release there own service pack. > > Hope this helps. > > Bud > > > "Jim Shipley" wrote in message > news:41420bf1$1_2@newsprd01... > > -Not sure of what you mean by 'Building'. We have AutoCAD Mechanical > > 2005, > > and AutoCAD Electrical 2005, both network licenses. So you're saying that > > these will have their own SP's? > > > > Thanks, > > Jim > > > > "Bud Schroeder [Autodesk Inc.]" wrote in > > message news:4142051f$1_3@newsprd01... > >> Hi Jim, > >> > >> It looks like your trying to apply the AutoCAD SP to your AutoCAD > >> Building > >> Electrical and Mechanical. This patch is just for AutoCAD. Each > >> Vertical > >> application will release there own SP based on the AutoCAD Service Pack. > >> > >> Hope this helps. > >> > >> Bud Schroeder > >> AutoCAD Test Development > >> Autodesk Inc. > >> > >> > >> "Jim Shipley" wrote in message > >> news:4141e99d$1_2@newsprd01... > >> > I am getting this error when attempting to update our AutoCAD 2005 > >> > Electrical or Mechanical admin image. > >> > > >> > "Not a valid AutoCAD Service Pack File. Please select a valid file." > >> > > >> > I followed the instructions on the readme file about extracting > >> > ACAD2005sp1SWL.msp from ACAD2005sp1SWL.exe. When I select this file > >> > and > >> hit > >> > 'next' I get the error. Tried it using UNC naming also. > >> > > >> > Help! > >> > Thanks > >> > Jim Shipley > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hello, It sounds like your still running AutoCAD 2004 NIW. Install the AutoCAD 2004 NIW and create a NEW deployment. Then following the instructions in the SP1 readme extract the MSP file. Now try applying that to the AutoCAD 2005 Deployment. Hope this helps and thanks for posting to the News Groups. Bud "adrm" wrote in message news:1206725.1095076095020.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > It returns exactly the same thing when applying SP1 to a plain Acad 2005 existing administrative image: "The file you specified is not a valid Red Deer administrative service pack. Please specify a valid file". What's wrong with it ?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I see I that I typed AutoCAD 2004 NIW. Make that AutoCAD 2005 NIW. The NIW will be backward compatible, but not forward compatible. So you will always want to use the latest version. Hope this helps. Bud "Bud Schroeder [Autodesk Inc.]" wrote in message news:4145a3ac$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello, > > It sounds like your still running AutoCAD 2004 NIW. Install the AutoCAD > 2004 NIW and create a NEW deployment. Then following the instructions in > the SP1 readme extract the MSP file. Now try applying that to the AutoCAD > 2005 Deployment. > > Hope this helps and thanks for posting to the News Groups. > > Bud > > > "adrm" wrote in message > news:1206725.1095076095020.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > It returns exactly the same thing when applying SP1 to a plain Acad 2005 > existing administrative image: "The file you specified is not a valid Red > Deer administrative service pack. Please specify a valid file". What's wrong > with it ? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report