Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No profile name exists:<<ACADMPP >>

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
zhairfy
1754 Views, 4 Replies

No profile name exists:<<ACADMPP >>

Hello experts,

I need your help with this issue. I deploy AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to desktop PCs via AdminImage, since domain users do not have the installation permission, so I execute the setup.exe with Run As function to call administrator.  After the installaltion, with the first run by domain user,I can see the Language Pack setup running, then I receive the error message " No profile name exists:<<ACADMPP >>, Will create Profile with default settings  ",  I try to search solution at autodesk.com, some people have a solution that to load LKCU registry settings of AutoCAD again, Yes it works, but the precondition is, must get this error message with the first run, then load LKCU registry settings.

My question is,  how to avoid this error message with the first run by domain user ? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: zhairfy

Make sure your users have Power User or Local Admin rights when launching the software initially.  Typically, users should have a minimum of Power User rights when using Autodesk products, as has historically been the case.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11768501&linkID=9242018

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
zhairfy
in reply to: TravisNave

Because of IT security issue, Domain users can not belongs to Power users or Local Admin. But I can assign enough privilege to the ProgramDir if necessary.  Do you have any good idea ? Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: zhairfy

Unfortunately then, it is your policy that is the problem.

My recommendation the would be to temporarily elevate your user's privileges for initial launch and then put it back.

The consensus here is that there is no valid reason why users cannot at the very minimum have power user rights on their own machines. I don't want to start another flame war about this issue, but the fact of the matter is that this problem would not exist if the users had the appropriate rights to their machine.

Temporary rights should resolve your issue. Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5

The statement that Power User role is needed is nonsense. I have deployed Autodesk software for 2009/2010/2011/2012 and all my non-admin non-power users have been able to run the software just fine.

I have begun to experience the same problem described by the poster on one Architecture 2010 installation. The problem occurs even for users with admin role.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report