Installation & Licensing

cannarella
Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)
Accepted Solution

No SERVER lines in license file

340 Views, 2 Replies
04-17-2013 07:27 AM

So I went into my license server this week to check what was in use and when I go to the Server Status tab and click Perform Status Enquiry I get the following.  It used to work just fine.  Hose name and MAC address have not changed.  No luck searching the web.  Ideas?  Licenses are working.

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 4/17/2013 09:58

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
Error getting status: No SERVER lines in license file.
License path: C:\Program Files\Macrovision\samreport\v3.6\samreportlicents.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-13,66
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

License starts out with these lines

SERVER "server host name" "MAC address"
USE_SERVER
VENDOR adskflex port=2080

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: No SERVER lines in license file

04-17-2013 09:09 AM in reply to: cannarella
It looks like it is trying to read your SAMReport license file. You should not have anything configured in the LMTOOLS for this application becuase it is licensed by the product itself. I suspect your NLM is working just fine.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
cannarella
Message 3 of 3 (315 Views)

Re: No SERVER lines in license file

04-17-2013 11:17 AM in reply to: TravisNave

I found it, on the Service/License File tab I checked the "LMTOOLS ignores license flies path environment variables"  When I loaded the SAMReport on the server I bet it put in an environment variable.  It is working now.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube