Installation & Licensing

gilbert
Message 1 of 6 (929 Views)

No Properties Window - AutoCAD Architecture 2012

929 Views, 5 Replies
09-09-2011 03:26 PM

I need some help, this has been a problem since our entire office has installed this software.

One of the many problems we are having with AutoCAD 2012 is that the properties window is not showing up.  I've done some searches online and was able to find a temporary fix: when I unload the application Apcom.arx it miraculously opens!?!

Please help me find a permanent fix for this major problem because althought the unloading of that application works, at times it will crash the system entirely and have to restart.  Is there an issue with installation?  I've tried both re-installation and complete uninstall and reinstall but the issue remains.

Gilbert

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 6 (911 Views)

Re: No Properties Window - AutoCAD Architecture 2012

09-12-2011 12:11 PM in reply to: gilbert

Can you also post something in the ACA section as well?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/ct-p/56

David Lau
Product Support
Shawn_Niles
Message 3 of 6 (900 Views)

09-14-2011 09:53 AM in reply to: gilbert

Typically, the pop up windows such as the Properties palette are controlled by the .Net Framework component of Windows. The 2012 AutoCAD product line requires .Net Framework 4.0.

To correct this issue:

1) On the Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, double-click Add / Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7).
3) Uninstall all versions of .NET Framework. You may need to uninstall the most recent versions first.
4) Reinstall only the version of .NET Framework required for your software version. Refer to the list below for AutoCAD requirements. For vertical products, consult the product installation literature for the required .NET Framework version.

AutoCAD 2012/AutoCAD LT 2012 requires .NET Framework 4.0

4.0:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9CFB2D51-5FF4-4491-B0E5-B386F32C0992&displa...

Shawn Niles
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 6 (895 Views)

09-14-2011 10:14 AM in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I agree.  You might also consider the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool if you continue having problems with this.  It's best to do full installs of Framework rather than update installations.

More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

In addition, I've experienced properties windows not working after using registry cleaners or other products like Norton Systemworks.  Sometimes using these products breaks Autodesk software. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
gilbert
Message 5 of 6 (841 Views)

09-26-2011 11:08 PM in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Thanks for your reply - would you suggest the following:

1. Uninstall AutoCAD 2012.
  2. Uninstall all versions of .Net Framework.
  3. Install .Net Framework 4.
  4. Install AutocAD 2012.

Or... does the uninstallation and re-installation of AutoCAD make a difference?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 6 (828 Views)

09-27-2011 10:23 AM in reply to: gilbert

Yes, if you're going to reinstall .NET, you should also do the same to your AutoCAD. 

If you have any problems, use the cleanup tools that I recommended.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube