Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Properties Window - AutoCAD Architecture 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gilbert
1115 Views, 5 Replies

No Properties Window - AutoCAD Architecture 2012

I need some help, this has been a problem since our entire office has installed this software.

One of the many problems we are having with AutoCAD 2012 is that the properties window is not showing up.  I've done some searches online and was able to find a temporary fix: when I unload the application Apcom.arx it miraculously opens!?!

Please help me find a permanent fix for this major problem because althought the unloading of that application works, at times it will crash the system entirely and have to restart.  Is there an issue with installation?  I've tried both re-installation and complete uninstall and reinstall but the issue remains.

Gilbert

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: gilbert

Can you also post something in the ACA section as well?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/ct-p/56

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
Shawn_Niles

Typically, the pop up windows such as the Properties palette are controlled by the .Net Framework component of Windows. The 2012 AutoCAD product line requires .Net Framework 4.0.

To correct this issue:

1) On the Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel, double-click Add / Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7).
3) Uninstall all versions of .NET Framework. You may need to uninstall the most recent versions first.
4) Reinstall only the version of .NET Framework required for your software version. Refer to the list below for AutoCAD requirements. For vertical products, consult the product installation literature for the required .NET Framework version.

AutoCAD 2012/AutoCAD LT 2012 requires .NET Framework 4.0

4.0:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9CFB2D51-5FF4-4491-B0E5-B386F32C0992&displa...

Shawn Niles
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I agree.  You might also consider the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool if you continue having problems with this.  It's best to do full installs of Framework rather than update installations.

More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

In addition, I've experienced properties windows not working after using registry cleaners or other products like Norton Systemworks.  Sometimes using these products breaks Autodesk software. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
gilbert
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Thanks for your reply - would you suggest the following:

1. Uninstall AutoCAD 2012.
  2. Uninstall all versions of .Net Framework.
  3. Install .Net Framework 4.
  4. Install AutocAD 2012.

Or... does the uninstallation and re-installation of AutoCAD make a difference?

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Yes, if you're going to reinstall .NET, you should also do the same to your AutoCAD. 

If you have any problems, use the cleanup tools that I recommended.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report