Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Families or templates.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dryello3322
271 Views, 2 Replies

No Families or templates.

I am having big problems with Revit 2013. I had Revit 2012 already installed on my computer. The company upgraded and bought the new Revit 2013 and I installed it. When I go to use it however it says "default family path not valid" and  "Rendering features currently disabled. you must install the rendering library to use rendering features". I tried correcting these issues by trying to relink the files but still didnt work. Also when I try to start a new project there arent any templates to be found. Once in model space, If I try to draw a pipe lets say, the pipe fittings are not correct if they even draw in the first place. I am having trouble now with revit not even wanting to put fittings on. I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling 2013, uninstalling everything, but nothing seems to work. I think the families and templates never got installed because when I try to open a default family it cant find it. Its like the revit installer just installed the program without any content. Any ideas how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: dryello3322

Was Revit 2013 install on other PC's and does it work? If yes, then go here for info on downloading the content;

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/10/content-packs-for-revit-architecture-2012-and-revit...

If the other PC's are acting like yours I would have your IT department look the deployment (assuming the application was deployed). Also, I'm not sure how you uninstalled, but go here for instruction on how to do it correctly;

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18782231&linkID=9243099

You may want to do a clean uninstall/reinstall to see it helps.

Thank for posting.

Message 3 of 3
dryello3322
in reply to: alan.quinn

I figured it out. For some reason the Revit installer wasnt bringing in any of the content in the RVT 2013 folder. I went on another computer it was working on and just grabbed this folder and replaced it on mine. Everything is working fine now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report