Installation & Licensing

Contributor
Guizot
Message 1 of 4 (178 Views)
Accepted Solution

New laptop

178 Views, 3 Replies
11-15-2011 06:46 PM

I have purchased a new laptop to replace an old home desk top unit. I have a single seat stand alone lic. for Autocad 2010. The machine I am replacing is my home machine. Do I have to "deactivate" the old machine somehow before I can get a code to activate the new laptop? How do I get started with this procedure?

Thanks,

Guizot 

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 4 (175 Views)

Re: New laptop

11-15-2011 06:58 PM in reply to: Guizot

Hi Brian,

Please uninsatll the software from your old machine, before installing / activating on your new laptop (this serves as a deactivation). If you receive an error during the activation process for any reason you can either contact our Registration and Activation group (800-551-1490 - US / Canada) or PM me your serial number and a request code, and you will be provided with an activation code accordingly.

Philip Schmelzer
Contributor
Guizot
Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)

11-15-2011 07:09 PM in reply to: philip.s

Very good, Thank you for the prompt reply!

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)

11-16-2011 11:01 AM in reply to: Guizot

You're very welcome Brian.

Please mark the above post as an Accepted Solution, if it fully answered your question so that others can find answers quickly!

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube