Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install of 2012 Entertainment Creation Suite - missing LiteHtml.dll?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
MayaWannabe
10522 Views, 20 Replies

New install of 2012 Entertainment Creation Suite - missing LiteHtml.dll?

I have AD 2011 Entertainment suite installed on Win7-64. I'm trying to install the 64 bit AD 2012 Entertainment suite. I ran Setup.exe from the outer level of the DVD and got this message: Setup.exe System Error The program can't start because LiteHtml.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: MayaWannabe

Strange, it should be on your computer if you already have Autodesk products installed.  Typically this file is in the setup folder.  Perhaps your 2012 files are corrupt.  Based on the fact that you already have 2011 products, I doubt it is an SSE2 issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 21
MayaWannabe
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, those files are in the setup folder, but the install does NOT know to look there.

I got it to install by copying all the files from the DVD to the hard drive, and copying many of the dlls from the setup and 'english' folders to the outer layer where the install exe was located.

But, WHY is this happening?

Message 4 of 21
TravisNave

Ours is not to reason why...  Smiley Very Happy

It seems quite common that copying the media to the HDD has always been a good way to resolve strange installation errors.  Thanks for posting your work-around as it may be helpful to someone down the road. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 21
MayaWannabe

Hey, we're all in this together, right?

But - are replies in this forum from Autodesk - or from kind souls who are helping out?

I guess I'd expected a response more along the lines of "we'll have to fix that!" from Autodesk?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 21
TravisNave

This is mostly a user forum of peers helping peers.  Autodesk does review the boards though and pitch in when they can or need to.  Their involvement has gotten a lot better as of late. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 21
jeff.laing

I just experienced the same problem with AutoCAD 2013 but fortunately I know exactly what I did to cause it.

There is an idiot feature that can be implemented by system administrators that causes the DLL Load Path to ignore "dlls in the current directory".

If you enable this, you get the complaint about LiteHtml.dll.

If you disable it, you don't.

This is a .REG file to clear out the problem, but your system admin will probably hate you loading it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]
"CWDIllegalInDllSearch"=dword:00000000

If you want to experience the problem, change the value to dword:FFFFFFFF

Anyone from Autodesk who is listening needs to research the SetDllDirectory() function on MSDN and call it appropriately from inside their installer.

Message 8 of 21
jfrost5

Try checking C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for the litehtml.dll - if there is a copy there, move or rename it & try the install again.  I ran into this issue when installing AutoCAD 2013.  After moving the litehtml file, I got an error with another dll.  It was in the same SysWOW64 folder and had the same date as the litehtml.  I ended up moving all files that matched that date out of the SysWOW64 folder.  After doing that, I was able to successful install the product.

Message 9 of 21
MayaWannabe
in reply to: jfrost5

No, there's no litehtml.dll in sysWow64. It exists in other folders such as 3dsMax2012/setup/setup - and probably only after I 'fixed' the problem as mentioned earlier. The truth is, AD doesn't know how to write an install program, as I still have errors with 3ds whenever I open it, such as: LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load .\shaders_standard\mentalray\shaders/base.dll, The specified module could not be found. LINK 0.0 error 191012: Unable to load file: base.dll LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load .\shaders_standard\mentalray\shaders/contour.dll, The specified module could not be found. LINK 0.0 error 191012: Unable to load file: contour.dll LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load .\shaders_standard\mentalray\shaders/physics.dll, The specified module could not be found. LINK 0.0 error 191012: Unable to load file: physics.dll etc. etc. etc. I guess the install program coders from nVidia found a new place to work!!! And the only 'support' on the phone is some guy confined to his house who 'googles' to try to find an answer. They just pay him to annoy people enough to stop trying to get support. Rather shoddy for a company that charges so much.
Message 10 of 21
abrumathew007

Hi Travis,

I am getting system error:Litehtml.ddl missing from your machine for AUTOCAD2013 when i try to install the trial version silently.could you please tell me a workaround for this.I have this file along with my package.

Message 11 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: abrumathew007

Try the solutions posted above (now marked) or try the one listed at towards the end of this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/SETUP-EXE-ENTRY-POINT-NOT-FOUND/td-p/3107508/pa...

You can search other areas of the site for this issue as well:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-board%3A2...

For additional information, please consider using Search to assist in your resolution:

Search Autodesk.com

Search Autodesk Discussion Groups

Search Up and Ready Blog

Search Autodesk WikiHelp

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 21
paulo_wii
in reply to: jfrost5

Nice! You give me the solution! So I create this (Portuguese PT-BR):

Em caso de erro ao clicar no arquivo de instalação: Setup.exe, indicando a mensagem:

"The program can't start because [NOME DO ARQUIVO].dll is missing form your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

deve-se copiar todas os arquivos .DLL contigos na pasta \Setup para dentro do diretório: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

All we have to do is to copy all the DLL Files in the Setup folder inside the program folder into the Folder indicated by you:  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ and the problem goes out!

Tks ! 

Message 13 of 21
jefferyjensen

This solution did not work for me. I'm trying to install Autodesk product (Revit 2014 and Civil 3D 2014) downloaded from students.autodesk.com. I'm trying to install on a Windows 8 x64 laptop. Here is the steps I did, which doesn't work, still get the litehtml.dll error

1. login with administrator account

2. download Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm.sfx.exe

3. run the exe which does a unzip/extract to c:\autodesk

4. I get the missing litehtml.dll error

5. copy using the command prompt:

copy C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm\setup\*.dll C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm\

copy C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm\en-us\*.dll to
   C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm\

6. run C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm\setup.exe

7. Again I get the missing litehtml.dll error but the install windows freezes.

I also attempted the other suggestion in this thread about the regedit but I couldn't find the setting in Windows 8.

Any ideas how to install Autodesk products on Windows 8. Note, I'm getting similar errors with another Autodesk product, Civil 3D.

thanks,

Jeff Jensen

Message 14 of 21
jakub.kolar
in reply to: jefferyjensen

i am having same problem with Inventor 2013 in windows 8 (x 64 ) and also notebook

Trying to solve for hours ..

Message 15 of 21
jefferyjensen
in reply to: jakub.kolar

I was able to install Civil 3D 2014, Revit 2014 and InfraWorks 2014 when I
did the following

1. clean install of Windows 8 enterprise - 64bit
2. installed Autodesk software
3. then ran windows updates. My guess is the windows update is either in
the process of updating (might need a reboot) and that is the reason why we
cannot install Autodesk software. Note, this is just a guess. Yes, I wasted
many hours on this issue too.

thanks,

Jeff Jensen
Message 16 of 21
esi729
in reply to: jeff.laing

i have this problem with autodesk 3ds max 2012 in win8-64. can you help me?
Message 17 of 21
esi729
in reply to: abrumathew007

copy all .DLL files from setup folder to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Message 18 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: esi729

Keep in mind though that 2012 is not supported in Win8.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 21
Daaaave

I've been having the same problems since I formatted my laptop. I did find a solution eventually thanks to the people on here so just incase anyone is still having trouble

I manged to install all my 3ds Max downloads by running them in administrator mode. For Maya and Motionbuilder, I had to copy the DLLs from the 3ds Max setup folder to the SysWOW64 folder in Windows Directory. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with running Windows8 but given that It previously ran Max 2011,12, 13 and 14 fine, it is a little odd that I had this problem this time.

All the best

Dave

Message 20 of 21
darryl.mckillop
in reply to: Daaaave

I can concur this is what I had to do as well with 3DS Max 2014 x64 on WIN 8. Copy all *.dll files from Autodesk setup directory and paste them into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory. Viola!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report