Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer, need help...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
randyridner
220 Views, 3 Replies

New computer, need help...

We have added a new computer and I need to transfer AutoCad to the new one. We are running 2008, but want to upgrade to 2013 or maybe even 2014, but need the program installed on the new computer, not the old one.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: randyridner

Welcome to the community Randy!

Can you please provide additional inquiry details as I'm not sure that I fully understand the question. Do you no longer have access to a hard copy of AutoCAD 2008 anymore?

In order to upgrade an existing license, you wouldn't need to have the prior version of the software installed.

Message 3 of 4
randyridner
in reply to: philip.s

We still have the original disk, but my concern was that Autodesk would not allow for a second install to the new computer. Also, we did not want to purchase an entire new license for 2014 if we could upgrade instead.

Thanks,

Randy D. Ridner
GIS Land Data / Drafting Supervisor
555 New Salem Road
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
(615) 494-1066-Office
(931) 409-8523-Cell
randy.ridner@mtemc.com
Message 4 of 4
amanda.k
in reply to: randyridner

Hi Randy,

You are more than welcome to install your program on a second computer. The Software License Agreement details that you are allowed for two installations per seat of license, meaning one installation for a work computer and a second for a home computer or laptop. You cannot use these at the same time and they are for one user only.

To activate your second license, please simply install the program onto the desired machine and activate it using your existing Serial Number and Product Key.

If you would prefer to upgrade to AutoCAD 2014, Autodesk offers the upgrade pricing for up to 6 versions back, which encompasses your AutoCAD 2008. You can visit the Online Store or contact an Authorized Reseller for upgrade pricing.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report