Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
247 Views, 5 Replies

New auth problem

I'm posting this here because all I'm getting is the runaround from Autodesk, and I truly thing something in their auth codes database is broken. I've got a network install image for 28 standalone seats of LDT2005 and just installed another new computer. Up until now there have been no problems. With the new computer, the install goes completely normal, (running XP SP1), but when it automatically checks for authorization via the Internet it comes back as failed. So I call in the ph. no., and they tell me the request code is invalid. So I uninstall, completely clean away all the Autodesk folders and registry info, re-install, and get a new request code. 'Same thing happens. I call again - same response - invalid request code. The serial number is correct, and even when I send the auto-generated xml files to the auth email address, or cut and paste, I keep getting the same response - check to be sure I didn't type something wrong. I didn't type ANYTHING!! - these are all cut and paste or direct emails of the request codes automatically generated!! I even got the same response when filing a support request via subscription - please be sure you have correctly typed in the info. Nothing was typed!!! It was all direct from AutoCAD!! Installs have been working fine until now - why does Autodesk keep telling me LDT is generating invalid request codes, and how can I get this resolved??? Thanks for any suggestions - John
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John, Please post your latest request code and I will take a look at it. :) -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "John Schmidt" wrote in message news:414a3761$1_1@newsprd01... > I'm posting this here because all I'm getting is the runaround from > Autodesk, and I truly thing something in their auth codes database is > broken. > > I've got a network install image for 28 standalone seats of LDT2005 and just > installed another new computer. Up until now there have been no problems. > With the new computer, the install goes completely normal, (running XP SP1), > but when it automatically checks for authorization via the Internet it comes > back as failed. So I call in the ph. no., and they tell me the request code > is invalid. So I uninstall, completely clean away all the Autodesk folders > and registry info, re-install, and get a new request code. 'Same thing > happens. I call again - same response - invalid request code. > > The serial number is correct, and even when I send the auto-generated xml > files to the auth email address, or cut and paste, I keep getting the same > response - check to be sure I didn't type something wrong. I didn't type > ANYTHING!! - these are all cut and paste or direct emails of the request > codes automatically generated!! I even got the same response when filing a > support request via subscription - please be sure you have correctly typed > in the info. Nothing was typed!!! It was all direct from AutoCAD!! > > Installs have been working fine until now - why does Autodesk keep telling > me LDT is generating invalid request codes, and how can I get this > resolved??? > > Thanks for any suggestions - John > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Jerry - 'sent via email. Thanks - John "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in message news:414a838b$1_1@newsprd01... > Hi John, > > Please post your latest request code and I will take a look at it. :) > > -- > Jerry Milana, > Autodesk Consulting > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > news:414a3761$1_1@newsprd01... > > I'm posting this here because all I'm getting is the runaround from > > Autodesk, and I truly thing something in their auth codes database is > > broken. > > > > I've got a network install image for 28 standalone seats of LDT2005 and > just > > installed another new computer. Up until now there have been no problems. > > With the new computer, the install goes completely normal, (running XP > SP1), > > but when it automatically checks for authorization via the Internet it > comes > > back as failed. So I call in the ph. no., and they tell me the request > code > > is invalid. So I uninstall, completely clean away all the Autodesk folders > > and registry info, re-install, and get a new request code. 'Same thing > > happens. I call again - same response - invalid request code. > > > > The serial number is correct, and even when I send the auto-generated xml > > files to the auth email address, or cut and paste, I keep getting the same > > response - check to be sure I didn't type something wrong. I didn't type > > ANYTHING!! - these are all cut and paste or direct emails of the request > > codes automatically generated!! I even got the same response when filing a > > support request via subscription - please be sure you have correctly typed > > in the info. Nothing was typed!!! It was all direct from AutoCAD!! > > > > Installs have been working fine until now - why does Autodesk keep telling > > me LDT is generating invalid request codes, and how can I get this > > resolved??? > > > > Thanks for any suggestions - John > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I am truly sorry about the problems John. The information you sent me was helpful in identifying the problem which is now fixed. Jerry "John Schmidt" wrote in message news:414af8c6$1_3@newsprd01... > Jerry - 'sent via email. > > Thanks - John > > "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in message > news:414a838b$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hi John, > > > > Please post your latest request code and I will take a look at it. :) > > > > -- > > Jerry Milana, > > Autodesk Consulting > > > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > > news:414a3761$1_1@newsprd01... > > > I'm posting this here because all I'm getting is the runaround from > > > Autodesk, and I truly thing something in their auth codes database is > > > broken. > > > > > > I've got a network install image for 28 standalone seats of LDT2005 and > > just > > > installed another new computer. Up until now there have been no > problems. > > > With the new computer, the install goes completely normal, (running XP > > SP1), > > > but when it automatically checks for authorization via the Internet it > > comes > > > back as failed. So I call in the ph. no., and they tell me the request > > code > > > is invalid. So I uninstall, completely clean away all the Autodesk > folders > > > and registry info, re-install, and get a new request code. 'Same thing > > > happens. I call again - same response - invalid request code. > > > > > > The serial number is correct, and even when I send the auto-generated > xml > > > files to the auth email address, or cut and paste, I keep getting the > same > > > response - check to be sure I didn't type something wrong. I didn't type > > > ANYTHING!! - these are all cut and paste or direct emails of the request > > > codes automatically generated!! I even got the same response when filing > a > > > support request via subscription - please be sure you have correctly > typed > > > in the info. Nothing was typed!!! It was all direct from AutoCAD!! > > > > > > Installs have been working fine until now - why does Autodesk keep > telling > > > me LDT is generating invalid request codes, and how can I get this > > > resolved??? > > > > > > Thanks for any suggestions - John > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah, I also just got an auto-response saying auto-reg had now authorized it - I'll be at that office a little later to check. Thanks for clearing this up! John "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in message news:414b1dea_3@newsprd01... > I am truly sorry about the problems John. The information you sent me was > helpful in identifying the problem which is now fixed. > > Jerry > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > news:414af8c6$1_3@newsprd01... > > Jerry - 'sent via email. > > > > Thanks - John > > > > "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in > message > > news:414a838b$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi John, > > > > > > Please post your latest request code and I will take a look at it. :) > > > > > > -- > > > Jerry Milana, > > > Autodesk Consulting > > > > > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > > > news:414a3761$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > I'm posting this here because all I'm getting is the runaround from > > > > Autodesk, and I truly thing something in their auth codes database is > > > > broken. > > > > > > > > I've got a network install image for 28 standalone seats of LDT2005 > and > > > just > > > > installed another new computer. Up until now there have been no > > problems. > > > > With the new computer, the install goes completely normal, (running XP > > > SP1), > > > > but when it automatically checks for authorization via the Internet it > > > comes > > > > back as failed. So I call in the ph. no., and they tell me the request > > > code > > > > is invalid. So I uninstall, completely clean away all the Autodesk > > folders > > > > and registry info, re-install, and get a new request code. 'Same thing > > > > happens. I call again - same response - invalid request code. > > > > > > > > The serial number is correct, and even when I send the auto-generated > > xml > > > > files to the auth email address, or cut and paste, I keep getting the > > same > > > > response - check to be sure I didn't type something wrong. I didn't > type > > > > ANYTHING!! - these are all cut and paste or direct emails of the > request > > > > codes automatically generated!! I even got the same response when > filing > > a > > > > support request via subscription - please be sure you have correctly > > typed > > > > in the info. Nothing was typed!!! It was all direct from AutoCAD!! > > > > > > > > Installs have been working fine until now - why does Autodesk keep > > telling > > > > me LDT is generating invalid request codes, and how can I get this > > > > resolved??? > > > > > > > > Thanks for any suggestions - John > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

'Seems to be working OK now - thanks! I'll have to see how the next one goes - 'couple weeks... John "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in message news:414b1dea_3@newsprd01... > I am truly sorry about the problems John. The information you sent me was > helpful in identifying the problem which is now fixed. > > Jerry > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > news:414af8c6$1_3@newsprd01... > > Jerry - 'sent via email. > > > > Thanks - John > > > > "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in > message > > news:414a838b$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Hi John, > > > > > > Please post your latest request code and I will take a look at it. :) > > > > > > -- > > > Jerry Milana, > > > Autodesk Consulting > > > > > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > > > news:414a3761$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > I'm posting this here because all I'm getting is the runaround from > > > > Autodesk, and I truly thing something in their auth codes database is > > > > broken. > > > > > > > > I've got a network install image for 28 standalone seats of LDT2005 > and > > > just > > > > installed another new computer. Up until now there have been no > > problems. > > > > With the new computer, the install goes completely normal, (running XP > > > SP1), > > > > but when it automatically checks for authorization via the Internet it > > > comes > > > > back as failed. So I call in the ph. no., and they tell me the request > > > code > > > > is invalid. So I uninstall, completely clean away all the Autodesk > > folders > > > > and registry info, re-install, and get a new request code. 'Same thing > > > > happens. I call again - same response - invalid request code. > > > > > > > > The serial number is correct, and even when I send the auto-generated > > xml > > > > files to the auth email address, or cut and paste, I keep getting the > > same > > > > response - check to be sure I didn't type something wrong. I didn't > type > > > > ANYTHING!! - these are all cut and paste or direct emails of the > request > > > > codes automatically generated!! I even got the same response when > filing > > a > > > > support request via subscription - please be sure you have correctly > > typed > > > > in the info. Nothing was typed!!! It was all direct from AutoCAD!! > > > > > > > > Installs have been working fine until now - why does Autodesk keep > > telling > > > > me LDT is generating invalid request codes, and how can I get this > > > > resolved??? > > > > > > > > Thanks for any suggestions - John > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report