Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install of Trueview 2013; At Start; Can't find dwgviewr.msi

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Sam-M
16070 Views, 9 Replies

New Install of Trueview 2013; At Start; Can't find dwgviewr.msi

I just installed TrueView 2013.  The install appeared to progress through to completion.  However, it appeared to try to start the program, whereupon it showed the following 2 messages:

First message:

"The system cannot open the device or file specified."  "OK"

2nd Message:

"The system cannot find the path specified.  C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI7E13.tmp\x64\dwgviewr\dwgviewr.msi"  "OK"

Please see attachments.

I did a full search for the file "dwgviewr.msi", and it was not located. Appreciate any help.

Thanks, Sam  C:317-979-5769; email: sammorton2@comcast.net

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: Sam-M

Try reinstalling using default options.  Make sure you have local admin rights, UAC disabled, and anti-virus turned off. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
Sam-M
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the reply.  I have done all which you suggest, except what is "UAC"?  I had all of this done, on both the first and the second install (except, again, I'm not sure what the UAC is).

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

User Account Control (aka, that annoying permission box that pops up for every single thing you do)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
Sam-M

I turned the UAC, and made sure that Microsoft Essentials was turned off, and then reinstalled TrueView.  Same result.

So, I decided to look on my "C" HD, to see if all of those files were actually there, which the installer showed being installed.  They are there. Interestingly I found a copy of the missing file "dwgviewr.msi".  See attachment 03, which shows the folder.  So, just for the heck of it, I double clicked the file, and an error message opened up, stating that "This operating system is not supported by DWG TrueView 2013".

For the record,here's my system:

• Win 7 Pro, Fully updated
  • Office 2010, Fully updated
  • Computer:  HP Envy 17 3D, 1 yr old, Fully Maxed out; i7-840QM, 8GB; 160GB SSHD, + 640GB HD, Etc.

Another interesting observation.  Even though I found the missing file, on my "C" drive, the search function will still not find it.  I wonder why.

Message 6 of 10
javier_mendez_joy

have you been able to get an answer? Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
eat3281

In my experience, this issue is caused by trying to run the 32-bit installer on a 64-bit machine.  The drop-down menu for selecting the correct CPU architecture installer is easy to miss, and defaults to 32-bit.  Select 64-bit and you should be good to go.

Message 8 of 10
theGleep

I am having this problem, and your description exactly fits my situation.

But I think I *need* to install the x86 version because IE won't open downloaded DWG files.  When I had this problem with Java apps/plugins, it turned out to be that I'd installed the X64 version of Java; when I installed the x86 version, everything worked fine.

Message 9 of 10
kmaes_besix

It's the new version of Trend Micro that is blocking your installation. Had this on several machines, started after the update of Trend Micro.

Disable TM and the installation works.

Message 10 of 10
HowardQuinton

I have Windows Defender, Trend Micrro, and anything else i can think of turned off. Removed DWG TrueView from regestry and any place else I found and the installer keeps telling me that 2013 is already installed but the only thing I can find is the Install Image. Cannot find the Application any where. If the installer caould tell me where it is i could bring it to the desktop or elimate it all together. In the mean time I will have to use 2012. I had 2013 previously but had a crash.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report