Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Acad 2013 and 2012

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
gtwatson77459
521 Views, 14 Replies

New Acad 2013 and 2012

New 2013 discs came and I am trying to figure out how to combine the LIC files from our 2012 and new 2013 I just generated. Since I have 4 Network seats for 12 and 4 new seats for 2013 (different serial numbers) can I combine the 2 LIC files. I read the help but am a little confused if I just add the text after PACKAGE. When I registered the 2013 seats, it told me I needed to register the 2012 serial numbers because of a possible conflict. I did that and got 4 new LIC files. so ho do I combine them? TIA
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: gtwatson77459

here is a guide: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

were they all generated on the same day?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
DarrenP

are your products on subscription?

if they are your 2012 licenses are automatically upgraded to 2013

so you don't need to generate 2012 license fiels because when you generate your 2013 license it will have 2012, 2011, 2010 autocad as a package statement

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
TravisNave

Darren is right.  You do not combine license files of upgraded Subscription files.  You simply replace them.  The backwards compatibility is built into the Subscription license for three versions back.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15

Thanks for the replies.  Yes, I do have a subscription for the 4 seats (actually 1 plus 3) so I generated 2 LIC files for the 2013 disks I got.

To one of the other responders, yes I generated all the LIC files on the same day.

I guess I was trying to complicate things.  I first thought that I could run 4 copies of 2012 and another 4 for 2013 but you guys are just too smart.  So I guess I can give our IT folks who run the server, the LIC files from the 2013 install and they can restart the server.

From what I now understand, my users who have installed ACAD 2013 can run it along with the users who are still on the 2012 deployment, and I can have 4 on at one time split between both versions.

Ver 2012 was our first time with NLM so all thisis new to us.

Message 7 of 15
DarrenP

so yes

you can have 2 running 2013 and 2 running 2012 or 1 runnning 2013 and 3 running 2012 or vise vera

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
DarrenP

or have 4 running 2013 or 4 running 2012

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
DarrenP

the bottom line is you own autocad 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 for a total of 4 licenses

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
gtwatson77459

Our IT folks asked this question, so I will pose it here. Our current network software is running version v11.9.0.0 build 97342 i86_n3. Can this version run the new LIC file for 2013 or do we need to install a new version of the network software?
Message 11 of 15
DarrenP

the lastest is 11.10

so yes i would upgrade it

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
gtwatson77459

I'm going to try the old one first to see if the easy way works.  If it won't, we have to go through a 2 week approval process to upgrade any server applications.

Message 13 of 15
TravisNave

That's a bit extreme.  The NLM is a network service, not a user app.  You can stop the service and replace the four .exe files and restart the service without even interrupting the network licensing.  The real problem is with your strict company policies.  I don't usually get on a soap box, but I work in IT and there's no way I could work in that kind of environment. 

Edit:  I lied.  I get on a soap box all the time. Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 14 of 15
gtwatson77459
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, we are very conservative.  I'm an Engineer and use ACAD to draw up parts and assemblies I design.  We are a public utility and the IT guy says it is a SOX requirement for the change management.  I'm guessing it stands for Sarbaines-Oxley which did some rules about ordering and approving things.  After the blackout in the North-East a few years ago, the politicians got very serious about regulations and fines.

A friend at BPA has it much worse.  They are not allowed to bring in a USB thumb drive and plug it into a government PC on their network.

Message 15 of 15
TravisNave

Yeah, I hear ya.  Sarbanes Oxley is ruining business in America.  I predict it won't last. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report