Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netzwerkinstallation von AutoCAD 2002

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bbs1kl
184 Views, 4 Replies

Netzwerkinstallation von AutoCAD 2002

Wer kann bei der Netzwerkinstallation Hilfestellung geben oder Problembereiche bei der Installation nennen?

Die Installation wurde gemäß dem Handbuch ausgeführt. Das Programm kann auf dem Server gestartet werden. Eine image-Datei existiert. Wenn die msi-Datei ausgeführt wird, kommt die Fehlermeldung: Das Installationspaket ist nicht vorhanden, Hersteller zu hinzugezogen werden.

Im voraus vielen Dank!

MfG BBSIKL
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: bbs1kl

Basic translation from Babblefish:

Who can give assistance with the network installation or call
problem areas with the installation? The installation was
executed in accordance with the manual. The program can be
started on the server. An image file exists. If the msi file is
executed, the error message comes: The installation package is
missing, manufacturers to be too consulted. In advance thank you!
MfG BBSIKL
--
Anne Brown
Manager, Moderator
Autodesk Product Support Discussion Groups
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion

bbs1kl wrote:
>
> Wer kann bei der Netzwerkinstallation Hilfestellung geben oder
> Problembereiche bei der Installation nennen?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Dieses ist eine Computer festgelegte Übersetzung, da ich nicht Deutsch an allen sprechen kann.

Ich denke, daß ich viel der Installation Beschreibung löse, die Sie in der Übersetzung vorausgesetzt haben, also werde ich
hinausgehen über, wie die Klient Entwicklung aufgestellt werden sollte und Durchlauf.

1. Sie sollten einen Anteil auf einem Server irgendwo erstellen, dem die Klienten, die die Software installieren werden, Änderung
Zugriff zu haben.
2. Von einem der Klienten (nicht auf dem Server, als der Pfad zum " Anteil " kann unterschiedlich sein), setzen Sie das
DIGITALSCHALLPLATTE AutoCAD ein und halten Sie Schicht nieder, damit nicht automatisch beginnt den Installateur ist.
3. Steuern Sie zu das \netsetupheft und Klicken setup.exe. Folgen Sie der aufprallenden Kugel für die Anlage und überprüfen Sie, ob
die Pfade zum " Entwicklungstandort " zu allen Computern im Netz zugänglich sind.
4. Von dieser Klient Maschine prüfen Sie die Entwicklung, indem Sie das setup.exe anklicken, das auf dem Server erstellt wird.

Ohne zu wissen, ist alle Jobsteps, denen Sie nahmen, um die Entwicklung zu erstellen es, sehr hart, zu erklären, warum Sachen falsch
zu Ihrer Entwicklung passen, aber es klingt wie es könnte eine Route Ausgabe zwischen dem Pfad vom Server und dem Pfad vom Klienten
sein.

Wenn meine Empfehlungen zu grundlegend sind oder verloren in der Übersetzung bekanntgeben bitte zurück erhalten und ich versuche zu
erklären.

Hoffen Sie daß Hilfen.
--
jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

Bauteil des Moderatorprogramms Formum Diskussion Autodesk

This will be a computer generated translation, as I cannot speak German at all.

I think that I'm loosing much of the installation description that you have provided in the translation, so I'm going to go over how
the client deployment should be set up and run.

1. You should create a share on a server somewhere that the clients that will be installing the software have change access to.
2. From one of the clients (not on the server, as the path to the "share" can be different) insert the AutoCAD CD and hold down
shift so that is does not automatically start the installer.
3. Navigate to the \netsetup folder and click setup.exe. Follow the bouncing ball for the installation and make sure that the paths
to the "deployment location" are accessible to all computers on the network.
4. From that client machine, test the deployment by clicking the setup.exe created on the server.

Without knowing all of the steps that you took to create the deployment it is very hard to tell why things are going wrong with your
deployment but it sounds like it could be a pathing issue between the path from the server and the path from the client.

If my recommendations are too basic, or are getting lost in the translation please post back and I will try to clarify.

hth
--
jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"bbs1kl" wrote in message news:f0b2663.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Wer kann bei der Netzwerkinstallation Hilfestellung geben oder Problembereiche bei der Installation nennen?
> Die Installation wurde gemäß dem Handbuch ausgeführt. Das Programm kann auf dem Server gestartet werden. Eine image-Datei
existiert. Wenn die msi-Datei ausgeführt wird, kommt die Fehlermeldung: Das Installationspaket ist nicht vorhanden, Hersteller zu
hinzugezogen werden.
>
> Im voraus vielen Dank!
>
> MfG BBSIKL
>
>
Message 4 of 5
bbs1kl

dear mr. martin,

we followed your instruction, but the AutoCAD installation is still not successfull.
More background informations:
- OS at clients: Win98SE
- OS at server: Win2k-Server
- the AcadInstall.log from the temp-directory of the client:
=== Verbose logging started: 01.02.02 15:00:13 Build type: SHIP ANSI 1.10.1029.01 Calling process: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSIEXEC.EXE ===
MSI (c) (5F:A7): Resetting cached policy values
MSI (c) (5F:A7): ******* RunEngine:
******* Product: acad.msi
******* Action:
******* CommandLine:
MSI (c) (5F:A7): No info for thread FFFD72A7
MSI (c) (5F:A7): Did not find item Products\(NULL)
MSI (c) (5F:A7): Searching for item Products\(NULL) in per-user non-managed key
MSI (c) (5F:A7): Searching for item Products\(NULL) in per-machine key
MSI (c) (5F:A7): Note: 1: 1314 2: \\SERVER263\AUTOCAD2002INST\IMAGE
MSI (c) (5F:A7): MainEngineThread is returning 2
=== Verbose logging stopped: 01.02.02 15:00:13 ===

please answer me in english, the translation is stranger then my english.
thank you for help

bbs1kl
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry about the translation. I promise that your English is better than my German.

There's still something happening with the deployment, or launching the deployment. The log file, where it says Product: acad.msi
should include the path to the acad.msi. For example my ABE path looks like \\Jam\Ben\msi\Electrical.msi (which is \\ server name \
share name \ folder name \ file name). For some reason all you are getting is file name.

Okay, I'm going to walk through setting up a new deployment on one of our "test" stations to our adlm server, and do a "step by
step". Unfortunately the client is w2k, as we don't have 9x.

1. Make sure that you have a share on the "server" that the client has at least change rights to. For my deployment the server
name will be oc-svr-adlm and the share name is "Install". Now under the Install share I've created a folder called A2k2Deploy.
2. On the A2k2 cd navigate to the netsetup folder and run setup.exe.
3. Select Client and ADLM installation (I'm not actually going to install the adlm, but that doesn't matter). [Next]
4. At the Adlm Installation screen pick Install Adlm files later. [Next]
5. At the Installation folders dialog I click [Browse] and navigate to where ever the server is on my network (Do not use a
mapped drive here, use the unc path), the share that I've made for installation images, and the new folder I created for the
deployment. The resultant Client Deployment location is \\Oc-svr-adlm\Install\A2k2Deploy. Since we are having trouble with your
installation I recommend that we uncheck the "Client Installations will be run in Silent mode" box. [Advanced] and check the Create
client workstation log [OK] [Next]
6. In the Server host name enter the host name of the machine running the adlm. In the Server host ID enter any valid 12 digit
hexidecimal number. It doesn't actually have to be the adlm server's ethernet address (but it has to be a 12digit "thing"). For me,
the adlm server is the same server that I'm putting the deployment on so I enter oc-svr-adlm. For the ethernet address I entered
123456789ABC. [Next]
7. Client Installation path I took the default of c:\Program Files\Autocad 2002 [Next].
8. Client setup type. I'm just picking a typical installation to simplify instructions. [Next].
9. Serial number and CD key from the A2k2 box. [Next]
10. Enter "owner" information. This is a silly requirement, but you've gotta put something in each box, so me me me me 1 [Next]
11. For bulletin board location find a place where you can put an html file and have it not move. This should be a unc location
(but it can't be a web address??). I always apply cad manager control to today, and remove allow access to Autodesk Point A
services, but it's up to you. [Next]
12. [Next]
13. Wait for a while so the deployment can build itself. Uncheck the vie readme (because if you haven't read it, it's really to
late) [Finish]
14. Using windows explorer navigate to the machine to which you did your deployment (in my case Oc-svr-adlm). Open the Install
Share. Open the A2k2Deploy folder and double click the setup.exe application
15. At welcome [Next]
16. [I Accept] [Next]
17. [Next]
18. Just keep clicking [Next] for a while
Starting numbering again at 25???
25. Wait while the features I selected are being installed. Do the voloview thing (taking defaults).

When I'm done my log goes like this:
=== Verbose logging started: 2/1/2002 9:38:56 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 1.10.1029.00 Calling process:
C:\WINNT\System32\MSIEXEC.exe ===
MSI (c) (BC:F8): Resetting cached policy values
MSI (c) (BC:F8): ******* RunEngine:
******* Product: \\Oc-svr-adlm\Install\A2k2Deploy\IMAGE\acad.msi
******* Action:
******* CommandLine: REBOOT="Suppress" ACADALTINF="\\Oc-svr-adlm\Install\A2k2Deploy\IMAGE\appsetup.inf"

I think that the major problem that we are seeing is that the Product: line doesn't include any path information.

Try the above and see if you were doing anything different.
--
jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"bbs1kl" wrote in message news:f0b2663.2@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
(snip)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report