Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network licensing server work with multiple contracts?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
795 Views, 9 Replies

Network licensing server work with multiple contracts?

Hey quick question before i go down this road.. when you have a network licensing server on your network, are you able to add to it licenses from more than one subscription contract?

preferably we'd like to have just the one server controlling licenses for our network but due to the different products and departments inherent within our consortium of associated little companies within the same building we've got two contracts. Is it as simple as administering just the one server/contract or des it get kinda convoluted?

would love to hear from someone who is in a similiar siuation!

many thanks

matthew

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you can run one license manager with all of your products and subscriptions.  The only hang-up would be on products of identical types.  If you have two contracts of AutoCAD, for example, you would need to ensure that both licenses are generated on the same day so that the license manager properly combines your total seats.  Otherwise the newest file will supersede the older one. 

I definitely recommend running a single license manager to serve your needs.  If you have any futher concerns, please let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

thanks for your quick response. when you say "you would need to ensure that both licenses are generated on the same day so that the license manager properly combines your total seats" is this generated from autodesk when we start setting this up - i'm just learning the ins and outs of this and i'm right at the beginning.

thankyou 🙂

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Yessir, that is correct. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

thanks again Travis, one more quicky whilst on the topic of network licensing if you don't mind... as we migrate to a network licensing platform I'm thinking of doing this as we roll out latest upgrades and setting them up specifically with this in mind. As soon as we have a lcense server on our network do previous installations of CAD variants notice this and are triggered to use it, or do software installs have to be set-up specifically to look at the licence server?

Thanks dude Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

Software installations that are stand-alone clients will never see the NLM and will have to be reinstalled as a network version.  Any network installed versions will continue to point to their original server so long as it is running.  Once the NLM is replaced by a new server or is moved, you will have to point the exising installations to the new server.  This can be done by changing the LICPATH.LIC file or by creating a System Environment Variable called ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of @SERVERNAME.  New installations would simply be installed and pointed to the new NLM. 

Sorry for the delay on this last question as it skipped past me.  How did your setup go? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
dcpaul

I too am having this issue and am unsure what is meant by making sure they are generated the same day. I made a new license file today including all of my different contracts/software. I am still unable to use my recently purchased seat. I am receiving error -4.132.0

Message 8 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: dcpaul

-4 means you are out of licenses.  You might perform a status enquiry and double-check that all of your seats are showing up.  Did you reconfigure the NLM after you got a new LIC file?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
dcpaul

I have not been made aware of those steps, please elaborate. I added the file to the server and had the software recheck the file is all thus far.

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: dcpaul

Did the license file have the same name?  You might repath to it then save the service again.  Then stop/start it and do a status enquiry.  You can post the status enquiry and debug log files here and I can take a look. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report