Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network licensing issues. 15,10:10061

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevin.rice
298 Views, 3 Replies

Network licensing issues. 15,10:10061

Hi all,

We are building a single image for our 32 secondary schools and would like to utilize network licensing so that we don't have to create 32 deployment packages. During the deployment creation, I select "Network" for the License Type but I'm being prompted for a serial number. I'm wondering do I need to specify this serial number in the deployement when I'm going to use network licensing? I have 32 seperate licenses for 125 copies in each location and I don't want to embed a license key that is only good for one location.

Can anyone clarify for me?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: kevin.rice

If you are using the network license manager, then the serial number is irrelevant to the program.  You will, however, require a valid serial number anyway for installation.  For this purpose, just use any one of your valid serial numbers.  It will not matter to the deployment or how the licenses are obtained by your license manager.  So long as licenses are available, your application will launch properly. 

Beyond that, if you need help setting up the license manager see my Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
kevin.rice
in reply to: TravisNave

Fantastic, that was the answer I was hoping for. I was stuck on what to put in that serial number field not realising it is irrelevant.

Thanks TravisNave. 

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: kevin.rice

Yeah it used to not matter at all but now it at least verifies that it is a
valid serial. Otherwise yeah you are good to go. It's not uncommon for
people to have a bunch of serials and stonewall at this point. No sweat. 🙂

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report