Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network license manager won't give certain users licenses.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jerry.balch
232 Views, 3 Replies

Network license manager won't give certain users licenses.

I have a 3 server setup for license servers and they are all at different sites. Each sites C3D2008 & LDC2008 point to their server then the other two as backups. Most of our users are getting a license fine but some are not. sometimes the users that do not primarily use LDC2008 and have to open C3D2008 and then LDC and they get a license. Other times that is no use either. I have tried changing the servers they use and had no luck. Our branch office only has 5 licenses available but 6 employees which should be fine when they are all in ACAD they should go to the next server on their list and it's not working. It mostly seems to be with one server which happens to be at our headquarter office and has more licenses but won't give them all out. Please help as I am have productivity issues because of this.

Also, all of the computers can ping and open files from any of the license servers so there doesn't seem to be a network connectivity issue and I have tried using IP addresses instead of UNC or domain names and same problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jerry.balch

My thought on these issues is that PLIST is causing more headaches than it is worth. What you're probably seeing is your licenses being maxed out, so the NLM tries to use the PLIST for a rollover and can't because there aren't any licenses available. Therefore, instead of going to server two, you simply get denied a license. You might try just removing the PLIST references from all of your LIC files and reread them all in. Do a backup first, of course. It might be worth trying. If not, you can always restore and go back to the drawing board.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jerry.balch

So do I remove just the PLIST or the whole line?

Here is what my .lic file has with PLIST in it:

INCREMENT PLIST adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \

Sorry for my ignorance, I have never had to do anything with these files before, everything has always just worked.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Yes and all the jargon associated with the PLIST increment. There should be a paragraph of that junk. This is why I put PLIST at the bottom. New features always start with INCREMENT or PACKAGE so you should know where to stop deleting in case your PLIST isn't at the bottom of your LIC file. Like I said, backup the file first so you don't mess anything up.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report