Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network license manager; migrate or add server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
christian.langfors
1750 Views, 3 Replies

Network license manager; migrate or add server

Hi,

We got a new server and I should migrate license manager from the old one to the new server OR add the new server as a "backup / slave".

Is there any good how-to out there to accomplish this?

BR,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can just move to the new server, get the new license file, install lmtools and configure it.Do not need backup.

For the client, you should add a system environment : adskflex_license_file ,and the value is @ servername (servername is your new license server hostname),let the client point to the new license server, instead of to reinstall the software.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thank You very much for Your reply!

One more question; if I want to change our Network License model from one single server to distributed license server, what is the best practise to accompish this?

- what do I need to change on the clients?

- do I need to change anything on the current license server?

- do I need to do anything else than get a new license file for the new server form Autodesk support?

BR,

Chris

Message 4 of 4

You would basically need to split your license files between as many distributed servers as you are making.  So yes, you would still need new license files for each server.  If you had 10 licenses on 3 servers, for example, you could split them as 4, 4, and 2. 

You would then just need to create a system environment variable for each client and point them to their intended server, or all three.  You do this using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report