Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network license error for AutoCAD 2009 - 1.5.-18

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jroper
1407 Views, 5 Replies

Network license error for AutoCAD 2009 - 1.5.-18

We have a client that insists on using AutoCAD 2009 because they need some custom standards program to run on that version.  We have new Win 7 64 bit for most workstations now as we are phasing out XP. 

Having a problem getting AutoCAD 2009 64 to pull a license from the network.  Error 1.5.-18.  I've checked most of the issues regarding this thread.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10304958&linkID=9240617

Checked the log in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\NetService\AdskNetSrv.log and found "Failed to get a PLIST from the server"

The license file did not have a PLIST.  I removed it as most new software did not need it and the other previous version software didn't seem to mind.  I added a PLIST back in to the license file just to see if that would help.  Still same error.  Was not able to see if C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\NetService directory had a AdskNetSrv.DAT file.  I didn't have permissions into that folder at the time. 

Another small difference.  I install the program with the latest serial number.  I didn't think it would care what the serial number was for a network install, as long as it was valid. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
aaronhai
in reply to: Jroper

Hi Jroper,

Good day and Welcome to the forum.

Error -18 would typically imply the network license file does not contain the product feature code that was launched at the client.

You can go to License Parser to confirm if the current network license file in the License Server contain AutoCAD 2009.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: aaronhai

Aaron is right.  2009 was retired in licensing with the inclusion of any 2013 or newer license file.  The newer Subscription file will supersede the older one, thus even if you had 2009 in your license file, any newer 2013/14 will invalidate it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
Jroper
in reply to: TravisNave

We have 2009 licenses set apart from our 2014-2011 license packages.  But they are in the same file.  Sorry I forgot to mention.  We are on subscription and have previous version privileges.  We also have Map 2008 licenses that are set apart from our IDSP.

I'm guessing moving them to another server might help.

It might be a good practice to isolate these previous version licenses on an "island of misfit licenses" somewhere on the network to avoid supercedes and the like.

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Jroper

If they are exceptions then they might simply be expired. Exception
licenses generally work for 13 months.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Jroper
in reply to: TravisNave

Ah, that looks like the issue. They haven't been used in so long that no one complained or needed them until now. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report