Hi all, i have installed Autocad 2010 on 17 machines. I have created XP based machine as a server and installed LMtools on it. on other machines i installed autocad 2010. after installation autocad works fine on @ 12 machines and on remaning machines it gives error as "a valid license could not be obtained by network license manager error 0.0.0"
can any one help?
Welcome to Autodesk forum community.
If the license service is running properly, please Telnet from client machine to the license server port 2080 to determine client-to-server connectivity is good.
- Go to command prompt (eg. C:\)
- Type “telnet servername 2080” (without quotes and servername is the License Server name)
- Hit <Enter>
- If you get a blank screen, it means the connection to License Server is good
- But if you encounter error messages, it means the connection to License Server Port 2080 is blocked, probably by Firewall. Please contact IT officers to open and allow connection to Port 2080.
If Port connection is good, please do the following.
A) Remove the following:
1. The licpath.lic file typically residing in the product folder (eg. C:\Pragram Files\AutoCAD 2013).
2. The Registry Key string "ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE" from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager"
Re-start product and see if issue persisted.
Please let me know if that works for you. Thank you.
You need to be aware that Windows XP is limited to 10 concurrent network connections. Therefore you may find that multiple machines will simply not be able to connect to it to get a license due to this limitation. This is by design. If you are trying to serve more than 10 machines, you should consider putting LMTOOLS on a Windows Server OS that does not have this limitation.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.