Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
joshiler
198 Views, 3 Replies

Network install issue

We have a remote office connectly by vpn over cable. They are unable to install 2008 civil3d and land desktop due to it crashing after trying to install after about 2 hours, i think it is an internet connection issue. What I have done is have them install from disk as a standalone and manually add a licpath.lic file and change the registry key to make it a network install. This seems to work fine for Civil3d, it is accessing a network license from our main office fine, but the Land Desktop companion isn't working. I keep getting the message a valid license cannot be obtained. I have checked to make sure the licpath.lic file is there and it is in the root directory on both, does something else need to be done to get ldd to work.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: joshiler

joshiler wrote:
> We have a remote office connectly by vpn over cable. They are unable to install 2008 civil3d and land desktop due to it crashing after trying to install after about 2 hours, i think it is an internet connection issue. What I have done is have them install from disk as a standalone and manually add a licpath.lic file and change the registry key to make it a network install. This seems to work fine for Civil3d, it is accessing a network license from our main office fine, but the Land Desktop companion isn't working. I keep getting the message a valid license cannot be obtained. I have checked to make sure the licpath.lic file is there and it is in the root directory on both, does something else need to be done to get ldd to work.

Are you trying the install over the VPN?
That isn't going to work, way too slow.

You can copy the deployment, change the path in the
shortcuts, then run the deployment locally.

Also, you don't need any .LIC files, just use the Windows
environment variable:

Example:
ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE=@LIC1,@LIC2

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 4
joshiler

Copying the network deployment may be possible, but would take a while.

I tried setting the enviromental variable and that did not help either, still unable to obtain license.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

joshiler wrote:
> Copying the network deployment may be possible, but would take a while.
>
> I tried setting the enviromental variable and that did not help either, still unable to obtain license.

We either copy overnight, or copy the deployment to a
removable HDD and ship (or take) it to the remote location,
then copy it to the server there...

As far as not being able to find the server, take a look at
this troubleshooting page:
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/2006/12/network-license-manager-troubleshooting.html

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report