Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing Manager

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
andrew.warren
480 Views, 10 Replies

Network Licensing Manager

We have 24 seats of ACADE and had some users getting rejected. We looked and it said all licnes were in use. We restarted the LM and poof now there is 14? What causes it to show all in use and then none?

I have a theory that maybe when we hit restart it kicks people out who had it open but not using it. Then when we restart only the people actually using the seat get one back. Could this be true?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: andrew.warren

Yes.  Sometimes acad.exe hangs in the processes or there are other network anomalies.  You can help reduce this problem by adding a TIMEOUTALL 900 line to the adsflex.opt file in the license manager.  That will help timeout idle licenses after 15 minutes of inactivity.  It will not affect users using the software and is otherwise safe and recommended.

See my options file post in my signature for more information.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
andrew.warren
in reply to: TravisNave

If I want to put a time limit on borrowing licenses do I have to do one for each product? We want to set it to Two months / 60 days, so I would need it to be = 1440 coorect? Or can I set a global one? And can I set a command that will return all borrowed licenses once they connect to the network? We want all of them returned before we switch to the new server. Any ideas for catching all of those for the switch over?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Yes, 1440 is correct.  You will have to set the borrow period for each product feature code.  My options file link will have all the information you need.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
andrew.warren

I am trying to set the limit on sevral diffrent suites using Travis' file from above. It is still letting it borrow for 6 months, we want to limit to 2. Here is what I have tried...

MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85805FDSS_2012_0F 1440
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85677FDSPRM_2012_0F 1440
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85677FDSADV_2012_0F 1440
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85813PDSS_2012_0F 1440
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85814PDSP_2012_0F 1440
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85815PDSU_2012_0F 1440
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 65500ACAD_E_2012_0F 1440

Before the lines above I tried to use the  F instead of the 2012. Still no love...

Do I need to do this for eacha nf every product ie, Inventor, Mech, Electrical, AcutoCAD etc?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

Try using the Package feature code with the Increment feature codes as well.  Are you rereading the license file to put the options file into effect?  The debug log file should verify the settings if done correctly.  Post your log if you need more help.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
andrew.warren

I stopped and restarted the service and I don't think  it is working. Is this the log you wanted? It looks like it is sayit is not a valid Feature name?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 8 of 11

Got it I had the wrong names in their...

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 9 of 11
TravisNave

Excellent.  Let me know if you continue having problems.

Also, you might want to check out another potential problem. I see lots of errors similar to this one in your log that indicates an inaccurate combined license file:

7:31:03 (adskflex) Feature 85577INVNTOR_2010_0F superseded by 85577INVNTOR_2010_0F

If this is simply because you appended a newer Subsciption file to an existing one that had been auto-fulfilled, then that's fine.  If it is the same seats with different counts, then you likely have a problem.  You might need to do some serious license cleaning here.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 11
andrew.warren

We have had different resellers in the past few years and each dept was managing their own seats. They have gone to a better reseller and we are trying to rope everything into one contract. We have also been all over the board with different Verticals. They brought me in to try to straighten all this out and I am like that super-bowl commercial herding cats...

We have:

ACAD Electrical

Product Design Suite Standard

Product Design Suite Premium

Product Design Suite Ultimate

Factory Design Suite Standard

Factory Design Suite Premium

Factory Design Suite Ultimate

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Well, you can always PM me your LIC file and I can check it for you and help you get it all corrected if need be.  Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report