Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing Error

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
Anonymous
1079 Views, 32 Replies

Network Licensing Error

We just built a new server to run our applications from and are running into issues getting AutoCAD to find the license file. We went through the auto generate new license file but they do not work. How does someone go about getting actual support from Autodesk?

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

if your on subscription you can create a case through the subscription website

or you can through your reseller for help

Message 3 of 33
DarrenP

what error are you getting?

are trying to run autocad off a server instead of installing it locally on computer?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

We are running the application from the workstations trying to connect to FLEXnet License Server Manager. I have tested to make sure the ports are open but when I browse to the license file created by the automated system at Autodesk it keeps returning with the error "Your application was not able to obtain a license because FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:" and then wants us to select License Server System or License File. Both of these selections have failed returning to the same error message.

To drp281: We are not subscribed to any support, this is AutoCAD 2007 and we have never had a problem until trying to move to a new up to date server. And since it is 2007 version, way before I got to the company, I have no idea who the reseller is/was to contact.

Message 5 of 33
DarrenP

sinces its 2007 autodesk wouldn't support you any way

this might be a IPv6 problem

what OS are you running flex LM on?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous

Windows Server 2008 R2. 

Message 7 of 33
DarrenP

Its IPv6:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

try disabling IPv6 on the server

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous

We have IPv6 disabled in the registry of the server so I do not think that is the issue. But I want to make sure I say thank you for your help. It has been a frustrating 2 days working on this and this is the first time I feel like we are making progress.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Message 9 of 33
DarrenP

try this enviroment variable:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-se...

try using the server name and the IP address of the server that has Flex LM installed

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 33
DarrenP

another one to try: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous

I had already tried the second link which resulted in AutoCAD crashing at startup. I just applied the first link's suggestion but it did not make a difference. We are still receiving the same error message.

Message 12 of 33
DarrenP

i guess the next thing to check would be flex lm itself

if you run a status inquiry doesn't show any errors?

this will validate if it is setup correctly

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous

Negative, I receive a "License Server UP" message after running the inquiry.

Message 14 of 33
DarrenP

i'm pretty sure you tried this already

but can you ping the server by host name from the client machine

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous

Yes I can ping it. I can also go to IE and type http://servername:2080 and http://servername:27000 and I receive the weird data string with funky w's and numbers in it so I think I am good on the ports being opened.

EDIT: I am at the end of my day so I am going home and will look into any other suggestions first thing in the morning. Thank You again for your help.

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous

Is there anyone available to continue working on this issue?

Message 17 of 33
DarrenP

i'm out of ideas

i will see if i can get someone else to respond

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 18 of 33
TravisNave

With Server 2008 R2, I almost always exclusively use the 11.7 version of adskflex.exe but the new 2015 version looks to also be stable.

I posted the 11.7 (x64) here awhile back.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/FLEXnet-Licensing-error-15-quot-WinSock-Operati...

The new NLM files can be found here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

I would at least start with changing the license manager to 11.7 or 11.12.  From there, we can look for any other outstanding errors. But I have found that 2008 R2 is awfully problematic on anything in-between. 

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Let me or Darren know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

We are currently using version 11.12. I will try to use your 11.7 version and post back with results. Unfortunately I will have to wait until tomorrow as I need to shutdown our old server and it is currently being used by our Engineers, they didn't get a lot of work done last week while I was trying to get this running.

Thanks for you help, both of you.

Message 20 of 33
TravisNave

Lemme know what you find.  You should also PING the hostname and ensure you are getting the correct IPv4 address.  If you are getting jargon with IE on 27000 and 2080, then your license daemon files should be working.  It very well may be a problem with the client connecting to the server by other means.  You did the IE test from the client to the server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report