Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licenses and subscription changes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Simon_Weel
413 Views, 5 Replies

Network Licenses and subscription changes

One thing about licenses and subscription isn't clear to me yet.

At the beginning of this year, we had to renew our subscription for AutoCAD and Revit Suite. We had 9 licences for AutoCAD and 3 for Revit Suite. We decided to cross-grade 3 AutoCAD licenses to Revit Suite and drop subscription for 2 AutoCAD licenses. So now we have subscription for 3 licenses AutoCAD and 6 Revit Suite.

Last week, I obtained license files for Revit Suite 2013 and AutoCAD 2013, copied them to the folder holding the licensefiles and performed a re-read in the licensemanager.

After that, a status inquiry lists 3 licenses for AutoCAD and 6 for Revit Suite. This is fine for the 2013 versions, but I thought I would still have 9 licenses for older AutoCAD versions, like 2011. After all, at the beginning of this year, we had subscription for 9 licenses AutoCAD. If I decided NOT to renew subscription at all, I would still be able to use 9 licenses AutoCAD 2011 indefinitely.

So why does the licensemanager limit the amount of licenses for previous versions to the amount we have subscription for today, instead of the amount we previously had subscription for?

Simon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Simon_Weel

try generating everything on the same day

some tips: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
brian.cranston

You had 9 AutoCAD licenses and converted 3 of those to REVIT, leaving you 6. If you dropped subscription on 2 of those you should have 4 on subscription?  Perhaps I missed something. 

The end result:

You'll need Autodesk Registration to generate a license file for...

6 REVIT on sub.

4 AutoCAD on sub

2 AutoCAD (like 2011) off sub

And like the DarrenP mentioned, you'll need all that generated at the same time. I'd call them to make sure you get what you want.

-Brian

Message 4 of 6
Simon_Weel
in reply to: brian.cranston

Sorry, I made a mistake. At the beginning of this year, we had 3 licenses Revit Suite and 8 licenses AutoCAD. In february, we cross-graded 3 AutoCAD licenses to Revit Suite and dropped 2 AutoCAD licenses. So now we have 6 Revit Suite licenses and 3 AutoCAD licenses.

I will contact Autodesk if they can get thing right.

Simon

Message 5 of 6
Simon_Weel
in reply to: DarrenP

try generating everything on the same day

Before I contacted Autodesk, I obtained license files for Revit Suite 2012/13 and AutoCAD 2011/12/13. Installed them by simply copying the files to the License manager folder (I don't combine the files), performed a re-read, performed a status inquiry and.... I was more or less stunned. I now had 14 licenses Revit Suite and 12 licenses AutoCAD...

Made a service request and was mailed the correct licensefile. So problem solved, although I still don't understand why I ended up with way too many licenses.

Simon

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

I have seen instances either by bug or by improper license combining where the status shows more licenses than owned.  However, upon trying to launch the +1 license owned, you get the expected -4 denial error for lack of licenses.  It's a visual anomoly, in my experience. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report