Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Nidhindev
179 Views, 1 Reply

Network License

Dear All,

I have installed Network License Manager on the server for one of my client. Now he wants to use one of the license on the server itself.

I installed the AutoCAD 2012 in a same fashion on that server, but AutoCAD is not taking license ?

All the clients can get the license but server himself not getting the license ?

Kindly help me if some spcial setting is required.

Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Nidhindev

Please note that AutoCAD is not meant to run on a Server OS and is not supported.  However, your problem is likely due to an IPv6 issue since the product and the NLM are on the same machine.  You will need to modify your hosts file to point to the IPv4 static IP or the local loopback of 127.0.0.1 instead of the default DNS thru IPv6. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report