Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
Message 1 of 3 (151 Views)

Network License via Air Card and VPN vs Wi-Fi and VPN

151 Views, 2 Replies
09-10-2013 12:32 PM

We have a user that can connect and get a license using VPN over Wi-Fi.

But when he uses an Air Card (wireless cellular netword adapter) also with VPN he cannot get a license -15.570.0 "a valid license could not be obtained".

He is able to ping the license server host name over the Air Card VPN connection. Average ping time is 192ms but I assume the Wi Fi would be similar or worse so I'm not sure that cuold be the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: Network License via Air Card and VPN vs Wi-Fi and VPN

09-10-2013 12:39 PM in reply to: GTVic
Latency is notorious for air cards. Use the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable. Start with a value of 1000000 and increase it by one-million until it works.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Product Support
Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: Network License via Air Card and VPN vs Wi-Fi and VPN

09-11-2013 07:53 AM in reply to: GTVic

GTVic,

Hello. VPN connections can be tough. Start with the Timeout variable and then try to enter a directional variable. I would insert both the IP and the Server name as well, separated by a semi-colon “;”

1.)           Right-click the My Computer icon.

2.)           Click the Advanced tab.

3.)           Click "Environment Variables".

4.)           Under the System Variables window, click "New".

5.)           In the Variable name field enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

6.)           In the Variable value field enter @YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS;@YOUR_SERVER_NAME

7.)           Click "Okay".

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube